37 Gallon Quick Swimming Community

Zmouvian

Reaction score
I have a 37 gallon community tank that im currently thinking of redoing fish wise, Im not opposed either to removing and shifting the decor, but currently I am more concerned with what I would put in it. For my entire life I have loved salmon and trout, I think they are just absolutely Majestic. And after seeing a hill trout I can't help but want to make a trout lookalike tank. However I know that my tank is WAY to small for hill trout and Right now Im wondering about any other trout lookalikes. I have seen Celestial Pearl Danios, but they don't have the personality and activity of what I'm looking for. I want some sort of fish that will swim quickly and like some sort of current, the main problem im having is that these fish I'm so in love with generally need a 3 foot tank at least, so my 2.5 feet footprint often won't fly, any suggestions are welcome
I have relatively hard water, don't know the exact but probably 8 dGH or somthing, and I have a higher ph of about ~7.6 maybe 7.4, maybe 7.8 can't really tell

Sorry you are not getting many replies...
I don't know of a fish that matches what you are looking for sadly... But there are MANY different barb species that may have somewhat of a resemblance...

This is not easy. The tank size is your main problem, as active swimmers must have space to be active swimmers. Most small fish are the opposite, or in the case of some danios they are active but randomly which doesn't seem to be what you are looking for here.

A GH of 8 dH is not hard water, it would be more on the moderately soft/hard side, though all these words are just subjective terms. Pinning down the actual GH is advisable always, so check the website of your municipal water authority, it is sometimes listed. The pH is important, but not quite as important as the GH. A pH in the mid-7's will be OK for many species, depending what the GH is.

Very few aquarium fish swim active "lengths," at least not those sized for even a 3-foot tank.

This is not easy. The tank size is your main problem, as active swimmers must have space to be active swimmers. Most small fish are the opposite, or in the case of some danios they are active but randomly which doesn't seem to be what you are looking for here.

A GH of 8 dH is not hard water, it would be more on the moderately soft/hard side, though all these words are just subjective terms. Pinning down the actual GH is advisable always, so check the website of your municipal water authority, it is sometimes listed. The pH is important, but not quite as important as the GH. A pH in the mid-7's will be OK for many species, depending what the GH is.

Very few aquarium fish swim active "lengths," at least not those sized for even a 3-foot tank.
Well At least Semi Consistent Swimming Is what I want, Thinking that If I do set up an active swimming tank like this I would maybe install a *weak* Powerhead, I have read about Red Rainbows and other rainbows and they seem to be recommended for a 30 gallon, but me thinks that its only because of those extra 6 inches, again, I really just want to fill 3 criteria, 1, Can Live in my tank. (1.5 and my water). 2. Looks sorta like a trout. 3. Behaves sorta like a trout.
Sorry you are not getting many replies...
I don't know of a fish that matches what you are looking for sadly... But there are MANY different barb species that may have somewhat of a resemblance...
Any recommendation is Welcome! list any barbs you can think of!

im also wondering as to the needs of reedfish (ropefish), can they fit well in a tank this size, take this as much less serious contemplation as I have had a bichir obsession for 4 years now.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back