:(

Thanks! I bought some Tums today and have dropped one into Poppet's tank. I ordered a GH/KH test, so I should soon know the results of that. I suspect my water is soft, but I'll do everything necessary to keep my snail in good health!

lol i have been banging on about tums on here for months :grr:

If any one wants to take snail care to the next level let me know and ill tell you how to bake snail cookies :good:

If any one wants to take snail care to the next level let me know and ill tell you how to bake snail cookies :good:
Sorry; I've only had my snails since Tuesday! But yes, a recipe for snail cookies would be great, thank you :D

Sorry; I've only had my snails since Tuesday! But yes, a recipe for snail cookies would be great, thank you :D

There are loads of ways to make snail snax. At one stage i have well over 1,000 apples snails so cooking these was a life saver but what was amazing was the speed the snails went to the food put my dogs to shame lol

Snails really go for this, and may shrimp love it too!

4 cups of duckweed, well drained. Mosquito larva is OK if some come along.
2 eggs shell & all
2 tablespoons of calcium gluconate
2.5 cups of soy flour.

Blend until it turns into a thick bicuit dough then 200 degrees F for a few hours until it was good and dry. If there not really dry they float so thats why it bakes for so long not cooking it really just drying

Thanks very, very much for the recipe; I'll be giving that a go as soon as I have accumulated the ingredients :D

Excellent, thanks Al! My snails have started moving about and eating :hyper: so I'm definitely looking for a good source of food. I'm going to make Snail Snax next week! Do you store the ones you're not using in the freezer until you're ready to use them?

Excellent, thanks Al! My snails have started moving about and eating :hyper: so I'm definitely looking for a good source of food. I'm going to make Snail Snax next week! Do you store the ones you're not using in the freezer until you're ready to use them?

yeah i bake them nice and flat maybe half inch think then score them before they go so they look like tiny cubes when baked you can just freeze and break of chunk like a lit kat :good:

Most reactions

Back