35l Small But What Could I Put In

the tigrex

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 10, 2008
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
Points
0
hey everybody i currenlty have a 35liter tank with some goldfish in when they have passed around im going to completely revamp it and put tropical fish in what do you suggest for fun pretty fish i was thinking maybe few panda cories and someothers? :hyper:
 
Maybe some guppys? I have 2x 28ltr tanks and they have always housed (up untill now where they house my bettas) platys, guppys, neons, tetras assorted. Just chose wisely and ask about temperment as its only a small space so stocking needs to be thought about.
 
hmm sounds good predication for ahow many guppies in a 35l?
 
You can always start with a small number of say 3 and if you want more add more. Maybe try a few guppys and a few neons or something :) Dont go and add loads of fish at once.
 
thanks dude i may get 3 yes and breed maybe buy all i have in 35liter tank and a 10liter tank but the 10liter look quite idea for fry to me
 
African Dwarf Frogs and a shoal of rasboras :good: Or a Betta with the frogs.
 
rehome the goldfish - they can live for 15 years so you'd have a long wait for them to die - (thats if you mean by passed around - die) if they do die efore that time then they have become stunted by the size of the tank they are in - they need 20 gallons for the first goldie then 10 gallons each there after - at least
so try and find someone with a pond near you so they can live out their days happily

male guppys would be great for that tank only 3-5 though

other options micro rasboras and some pygmy corys
 
nice i have the same tank as you:D elite:) how does that go for you?
any other fish you may suggest?

It works fine - I need to keep an eye on it more than my big tank and do more frequent water changes though.
I'm planning on adding some amano shrimp and some kuhlis to help keep the place nice and tidy - both are low on the bioload but help keep any detritus off the substrate* so it can be picked up by the filter, plus the shrimps help cut back on any algae.
*Something I had figured on the corys for but these guys are more middle dwellers and rarely spend time on the substrate at all, certainly don't snuffle through it like my regular corys do.

I did have some ADF's in there but found it so hard to feed them appropriately (they need bloodworm regularly in their diet) without overfeeding the betta - for some reason he didn't listen when I told him "this is for the froglets" :D and he munches a lot faster than the frogs, so they were re-homed :-(
 
If I were you I would have either the same fish as JustKia or a dwarf puffer.
But guppies would still be good.

Oh and I agree with pippoodle. REHOME THE GOLDFISH.
 
Dwarf Puffer is the way forward defo!! As a curveball you could set-up a rocky river tank and have some white cloud mountain minnows in it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top