30 Plecos Under 8 Inches

AilyNC

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Do I know the difference between L144 and L144a? Is one short and one long fin? I would like a long fin but want to make sure that’s what I get.
Yeah I was looking at long and short fin. My only query was would some fish try to nip the longfin? So maybe I need to consider the community.

xxamyxx85

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at long and short fin. My only query was would some fish try to nip the longfin? So maybe I need to consider the community.
I would think yes, I read a few places not to put them with fin nippers, so just ensure passive community. What do you have already in the tank?

AilyNC

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I would think yes, I read a few places not to put them with fin nippers, so just ensure passive community. What do you have already in the tank?
Nothing :rofl: the tank arrives next week. I was thinking of putting Forktail blue-eyed Rainbowfish & male Endlers. Both small chilled fish. It's 36" x 18" x 22" (L x W x H) and 34G/127L. I would love if that's big enough for an L144/L144a & an L129 Columbian Zebra Pleco (Max size 3").

ClownLurch

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Nothing :rofl: the tank arrives next week. I was thinking of putting Forktail blue-eyed Rainbowfish & male Endlers. Both small chilled fish. It's 36" x 18" x 22" (L x W x H) and 34G/127L. I would love if that's big enough for an L144/L144a & an L129 Columbian Zebra Pleco (Max size 3").
Pitbull? 2”.
Im actually interested in a pr of these. I had no idea Pleco this size existed. Asian Stone Catfish were possibilities but apparently I’d never see them as they’re seriously reclusive. So much so that most pairs are known as Howard n Greta.*

* one for the kids there.

Last edited:

xxamyxx85

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Lol me either, I’m sitting here looking at an empty tank with all these ideas floating around in my head! I’ve been asking for stocking advice myself so I leave for someone who has experience! There is an aquarium stocking calculator online www.aqadviser.com not sure how accurate but might give you an idea.

xxamyxx85

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
If when u search for your fish the exact one doesn’t come up just select another the same adult length.

Jan Cavalieri

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Anybody know of a place that is selling L188a Chaetostoma thomasi (The Thomasi pleco) I had one for 3 years and he just died, no idea what happened - you never saw him except at night and when I did a waterchange and would remove whatever cave he was living in. Very gentle and pretty friendly. I originally purchased 3 and 2 immediately died of no obvious causes (he was partially eaten so since I had just moved some Rainbow fish into that tank I think one of them did it - before that he lived quite peacefully with my Gorami and other Pleco but there is something about these Rainbow fish that I just don't like or find attractive. They used to live with my giant 1 ft Dojo Loaches but it was crowded so I temporarily moved the Rainbow fish in with the Gourami and they all hated each other at first - it's since settled down.

Most reactions

trending