30 Plecos Under 8 Inches

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I feel we need too keep an eye on the common names - I've just seen the "snowball" in the list - unfortunately this is a common name for a few plecs - not to mention the LDA33 that can get to 12"...

Can we rely on accurate L numbering though ??

Sorry about that. I tried to ammend that as best as possible. Hope that I clarified it a bit. Common names are generally the root of confusion. That's why the L #'s are there. But then again, how often are fish misnumbered? Hopefully good judgement and good LFS's can be relied upon. :/

Maybe, I'm not sure if the mods would appreciate thirty small pics worth of bandwith. Not to mention I would have to get permission for thirty different pics.

Why is it that all the small plecos are not effective algae eaters except the pitbull, bristlenose, and butterfly?

thank good i was bout to buy a biger tank for my imperal its dobled in size but if your stuff is corect and i have no reason to think its not it sould even outsoon it amost 3.5 inches

thank good i was bout to buy a biger tank for my imperal its dobled in size but if your stuff is corect and i have no reason to think its not it sould even outsoon it amost 3.5 inches

imperal as in Zebra Plec?

thanks for takeing the time to add the list
very informative and has saved me a lot of time searching on the net
welldone

Dont rely on Planet Catfish for accurate sizes. If I remember rightly, they had a liposarcus pardalis (common plec) down at max size 10", when they can reach easily double that, and more. They also say L001's are 8" max, when they can reach 20". I see they're updating their pages, fingers crossed with more accurate info.

Lisa's right - PC aren't very accurate on size information in some cases. Let's hope now they've updated they haven't got such an embarrassing mistake on the liposarcus up any more *lol*. Doesn't instill confidence in their info to be honest. Great source of photos though :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back