3 Ottos

Barry P

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 26, 2005
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Dublin
I have a 15 Gallon tank which is heavily populated with fake plants, trees, rocks etc. I havent seen my 3 ottos since i increased the foliage in the tank. Is it possible that they are just lying around in the undergrowth or should i uproot everything to make sure they are ok..?Its been 2 days since i last saw one.
 
In my experience they are not shy fish and are normally easily seen.

Is there algae in your tank for them to feed on? If not, do you put algae wafers in?

Is your tank fully cycled? These guys can be real sensitive.
 
Plenty of Algae in my tank to keep the three in food, and yes the tank is fully cycled. ?
 
I have an Oto and my tank isn't too heavily planted but I still lose him all the time - he's usually on the underside of something and I just couldn't see him.
 
Just in case you where all beside yourselves worrying......i found my fish!!
 
Glad you found them. My mum can never see mine, even with her glasses on when he's right in front of her.
 
When you get used to not seeing them it is a joy when all 3 finally show up. My brother came to my house for the first time recently and put his face up to the tank and said " have you only got one fish??". After a few minutes he slowly started to see what was going on and eventually (20 minutes later) spotted all 11. Very funny!
 
When I cant find my otos, i turn the light off for 20 minutes. Yhen i come back and turn it back on and i see both of them on the glass.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top