2Nd Tank

ian

plant your tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
8,354
Reaction score
5
Points
36
Location
Lincoln uk
So after long discussion with my missus, we have come to the agreement that i can get another tank. There was a claus in my contract though...I have to stop smoking. I have agreed to do so, i have booked an appointment with the smoking cessation nurse at work and have set a date to give up (1st Jan).

Anyways, we haven't got a massive amount of room, so have opted to save with the money i save from buy cigarettes to buy a corner tank. I was just wondering about the pro's and cons to corner tanks. I have also been looking on the net for a nice looking stand with a corner tank. We have oak furniture so the missus would like an oak stand, but am struggling to find one. Anyone know were i can get one. It should only take me a few months to save for one.

I can't wait!

buy the way, i can manage up to 190 litres.
 
sorry i didnt read past the "mrs is in charge" bit :lol:
mermaidmel just had a gutfull of hers.. various reasons. they are diff but how bad can they be..save up your fag £ get on ebay and have a good look- Lol @ mrs would like an oak stand!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif


you will give up stinking breath and smelly clothes.. your dear wife will have a lovely smelling house again... untill the bloody syphone overflows :lol: does she really know what shes letting herself in for :lol:


this is a win win on your part right!! go for it :lol:
 
lol, cheers Shelagh, yes she likes to think shes in charge, but deep down :shifty:

do they have a bit of a bad rep then?
 
Get that nigateen gum stuff ( or how ever its spelt.. ) We was doing some poster in science today and apparntly the gum stuff ACTULY works... But its not the best stuff apparntly :blink: I Would'nt have a clue.

But Apparntly if you give up smoking and put the money to a side

you'd say around £1800 a year... ( If you smoke 20 a day that is )


I made my mom buy me a new fish tank :P

well my uncles getting it me but hey! alls good :good:
 
i work in the health service, so i have critiqued the best method. I'm gonna use patches as the new tabs on the market have some side effects i'm not keen on. I would use gum but we're not allowed to chew at work.
 
My advice on the quitting is to start cutting down as soon as possible - I cut down so slowly that when I eventually quit I barely even noticed, except when I was REALLY angry with the kids LOL

I agree that ebay is probably the way to go, you might have to wait for a while to get the right tank but there's definitely some bargains out there. Or put a wanted add on here?

I'd love a corner tank. Unfortunately I have no free corners to put one in lol
 
anyone have advice on corner tanks?
 
DO NOT keep then by a door you see us kids like to slap doors open/closed

we dont want one slamming open infront of the fish tank :crazy:

seriously when im angery and slap my door open oyu can see the aftermarks! from the detns in the door
 
lol i wont be doing that!

just been looking through the photo thread and have seen a Juwel Trigon 190, they are priced very reasonably on the net! :drool:
 
wow, you discussed with your spouse getting a 2nd tank! lol I just kept getting them while my DH gritted his teeth. It wasnt until I was at 5 tanks that he put his foot down when I asked for a 35 gallon. lol! (uh, he's so mean to me ;)

Best of luck to you and hope all goes smoothly with your plans!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top