2ft Tank Is How Many Litres?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rhiannon

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a 2ft long tank and I was wondering how many litres does it hold?

When I brought it, the man said 55, then I heard off a friend it was about 66, then the guy at the pet shop today said 100lt.

Why cant anyone give me an exact answer.

Does someone here know?

Thanks.

Rhiannon

Ok the dimensions are..

24inches length

12 inches high

12 inches width

And I love it down the peninsula, got a good friend who lives at Safety Beach and my parents are looking to sell up and move down there, preferbally safety beach as well for them.

Thanks.

Id say around 60 litres,but with gravel and ornaments in consideration around 50

That website is off. Because i put in my dimensions for my tank and it said that it was 14.5 gallons
and i know that my tank is 20 gallons...

That website is off. Because i put in my dimensions for my tank and it said that it was 14.5 gallons

Post your tank dimensions here, then please post a link to an on-line calculator that you know is accurate. That calculator is not off by 5 gallons.

There are US gallons and Imperial gallons (which are used in the UK), I'm gathering this is the difference you are finding.

Actually that cannot be the reason either as UK is smaller then U.S.

I've put in your measurements and they are correct......... 14.96 US OR 12.46 UK...........

What makes you think it was 20?? :crazy:

Even when calculated manually, I still get 12.4 UK........

Use google to calculate volume. Rememer tho that your tank has substrate, decor etc which all takes up some water volume.

If you go to google and type "24 inch x 12 inch x 12 inch in US gallons" you get the answer

(24 inch) x (12 inch) x (12 inch) = 14.9610389 US gallons
(24 inch) x (12 inch) x (12 inch) = 12.4576658 Imperial gallons (uk gallons)
(24 inch) x (12 inch) x (12 inch) = 56.6336932 litres

Take about 10-20% off for decor unless it's a bare bottom tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back