29g Saltwater Nano Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

That's going to look amazing when it fills in. I assume corals grow bigger and fill in like plants do?
Yes! They do eventually fill in. It takes a long while for LPS and SPS to fill in. Softies take a little while, but not near as long.

FTS:
284E5BEB-6978-4A8A-B68C-F92E2BAB37F6.jpeg

Skittlebomb favia:
6C25F546-07B8-4EA4-9D50-A6A2D1307DA1.jpeg

Brain buster shroom:
8F85F061-B98F-4C37-A32E-C34702BFCDC1.jpeg

The Duncan is not happy for some reason:
AD9FB7FB-42A6-4428-8B69-BFCC9AD8FC2D.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Diamond goby is chillin!
B3C6C2DE-48D9-4812-88BF-82AC939B6058.jpeg

Duncan opened back up (sort of). I think the dottyback might be messed with it.
44411FE5-6B0B-4754-8526-A1897F413BCA.jpeg

Gold & pink palys. I need to find another location for it:
58A0CD91-9D4E-4CE1-81B4-55241F962E3F.jpeg

Maybe I should move the gold and pink palys up near my big colony? The big colony really seems to like it up there, so maybe it will encourage growth.

More pics coming once I clean the glass. :)

"Frag rack" sounds like the name of an orc in Middle Earth.
Lol. A frag rack is just a flat holding device that can hold frags and keep them off the sand bed. Corals usually grow better when they are nice and flat.

Nice score on the favia. Those are some of my favorite types of corals. Keep them fed and lots of good light and they will turn into an impressive colony. Keep an eye out for sweepers. I had a colony of Raptor’s Peace favia that was totally chill for the longest time and then decided to turn into an aggressive turd. Not really an issue with small frags that are still on their plugs and can be moved around but just keep it in mind when you’re planning its placement on the rock and its neighbors.

Nice score on the favia. Those are some of my favorite types of corals. Keep them fed and lots of good light and they will turn into an impressive colony. Keep an eye out for sweepers. I had a colony of Raptor’s Peace favia that was totally chill for the longest time and then decided to turn into an aggressive turd. Not really an issue with small frags that are still on their plugs and can be moved around but just keep it in mind when you’re planning its placement on the rock and its neighbors.
Thanks! Will do.

What did you feed your favias and how?

If corals up near the surface are doing better than corals at the bottom, then you need more light.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back