FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

drango91

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
first 1 breeding pair of angels
a school ofdanios
a school of cherry barbs
a male dwarf gourami(maybe a female but she will be returned when breeding is over)
ghost shrimp
an otto
snails
fancy guppies
maybe koi swordtail(female)
MAYBE mountin cloud minnows
Maybe a school of tetras
Endlers(if i can find them)
and probably a few more im forgetting

but it will have live plants gravel substrate and of course filters and when i sell off my fry batch i will provide an airpump there will be caves and other decor
the kit comes with 100 watt heater(a bit low dont you think) a filter i belive it is both a biologinal and mechanical like my other 10 gal, comes with lighting hood thermomerter conditioner ect...
this all comes for $94 except the fish and plants :D i think ill only get the danios 2 days after the tank is filled then add bacteria and clone from my other tank(its from aqua culture)

oh and a bottom feeding albino catfish

Did you get that kit from walmart? It sounds like the same exact kit that I have.

That is way overstocked, and you are sure to have some aggression issues with a breeding pair of angels.

From the start, if the angels spawn, they will see the gourami, and any longer finned fish as being angels and act like the cichlids they are. The fancy guppys & swordtail won't last long, the gourami may last longer just because of it's size. The danios, barbs, & tetras may get nippy with the angels, throwing them off their spawn, or getting nipped back if the angels do spawn. A breeding pair of gouramis with the breeding pair of angels is sure to cause loads of aggression. The angels will eat the ghost shrimp, the otto, a delicate fish, will probably just keel over from the stress in this tank.

You would be lucky to keep a 55 stocked like that without any problems.

so no angels?

the breeding pair of gouramis would be temporay though just for the eggs

yes this is from walmart! cuz its $5 les than the one at the lfs and with $5 i could get a nice cave thingy

yeah like once though, with my setup ill be u to my eyes in eggs, thats how i intend for it to be, i like fertillity and beuty in my tanks

i MAY put a betta in there for fun but not likely cuz of its aggression level with other colorful fish

Personally if I was you mate, i'd deffinately rethink everything and do lots of research about more fish, and if I was you i'd try to understock your tank, it makes your fish stand out more, and makes the habbitat look more nice, plus it's healthier for the fish.

Neal

i think im gonna get danios off my list, and put another type of tetra, bloodfin or something

first 1 breeding pair of angels
a school ofdanios
a school of cherry barbs
a male dwarf gourami(maybe a female but she will be returned when breeding is over)
ghost shrimp
an otto
snails
fancy guppies
maybe koi swordtail(female)
MAYBE mountin cloud minnows
Maybe a school of tetras
Endlers(if i can find them)

oh and a bottom feeding albino catfish

wow... slow down lol

pick two schools of fish
then the otos
then an albino BRISTLENOSE, not a common
and you're sorted
forget the rest

well i just have to wait for this payment to clear on ebay so thati can buy the tank, right now im having Septicaemia problems in my other tank that i have to fix ASAP

Drop the danios, and don't replace them. You have 29 inches of fish to play with roughly, if you follow the inch-per-gallon rule, which I suppose is quite a good rule. Choose your fish carefully so you don't decide you don't like your current ones then want to replace them with something else you like, otherwise you'll lose interest and not care for your fish.

Neal

if you are only thinking of having these gouramis for the eggs the and then to sell for money, trust me mate you wont get a profit out of it , its hard work and can become very expensive.
as other people have said, think befor you buy, and RESEARCH.
if i was you id get what demonmagus said, and i think you would be able to have 3 guppys, but id get 3 males so theres no breeding and you dont become over stocked . :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back