29 gallon aquarium stock

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Easy to build if you are handy with tools.

Any cabinet maker, home handyman or welding shop should be able to make a double or even a triple tier stand for you. As to whether the shops sell them, it would be a special order and you would have to get them to find someone to make one up. You are better off doing that bit yourself. Any mechanic should be able to build you one from steel, and a carpenter/ cabinet maker can make one out of wood. Just provide them with the tank dimensions and get the stand made to suit.

Have at least 8 inches of space between the top of the bottom tank and the stand above it. I prefer a 12 inch gap so you can get into the tank easier.

My husband can do it. Just thought something may be available. I love the idea but will have to save it for my fish room when I do it. I would have to have a ladder and all my tanks are currently in my family room and kitchen. I think I’ll do several when I get my room done. Thanks for the suggestion!

Easy to build if you are handy with tools.
I can hammer a nail straight since my husband showed me how to use the hammer properly. Lol! He builds all kinds of things, even built a house. I’ll have to sweet talk him. :)

Sorry guys for not responding for awhile, I'm on vacation and had no WiFi. The only reason I got the 29 is I have this rock background and I think its really cool. Any way, I'm not thinking another community freshwater and I'm not ready to dealve into salt water. I'm thinking 1 or 2 fire mouth cichlids BC I love there coloration. The tank is a standard aqueon 29 gal. Thanks again!:):):D

I wold suggest this tank is not sufficient size for Firemouths. A pair requires a 3-foot (90 cm) minimum tank, like a 40g breeder.

• Hmm.... OK then. Since i love the look of firemouths I think I'll go with 1 male. Could I put like some Cory cats or a pictus catfish with him? If not could you recommend some bottom feeders for me? Thanks again!!:)

• Hmm.... OK then. Since i love the look of firemouths I think I'll go with 1 male. Could I put like some Cory cats or a pictus catfish with him? If not could you recommend some bottom feeders for me? Thanks again!!:)

I need to know the GH and pH first (Colin asked about these but I don't see a response with the numbers) before recommending this or that. Cories are not native to the Firemouth habitat, but the hardier commercially-raised species should be OK, though I cannot say for certain.

EDIT. Remembered the pictus mentioned...this will not work at all. Pictus catfish is a shoaling fish and needs a group of at least four but given their size and activity, a 4-foot tank is minimum. Also thee pictus are very active, and this can upset sedate fish which all cichlids (neotropical species) are.

Last edited:
Ah, ok. The pH is 7.2 and GH is 150 ppm. 0 ammonia.

OK, the common cories that are mainly commercially raised as opposed to wild caught (peppered, bronze, sterbai come to mind) are likely candidates. I would accept the contrary advice of those who have kept Firemouths with these, but personally I would think it is OK.

OK. I was just a little worried that the fire mouth might harm them BC of there small size.

Hence my caveat, but from my research this should be fine. Have lots of chunks of wood (natural to the Firemouth habitat, and good for cories).

You could also do a female betta sorority, you can find some pretty colorful ones, I have a 29 but it's a community of tetras and the diamond ones look really pretty in it and swim all around.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back