25Gal Idea

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

flyboy367

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ok so i have a fully functional 120gallon with a few frags in it. my only problem with that tank is light penitration so i had to shelf up my liverock to put corals on that my fish gladfully keep knocking off. so i have a 25gallon with 2 exodons in it currently. i want to transplant them to another tank and use the 25 for a small reef. the filter is a aquaclear 500 (i know crazy flow but the exos liked it) im gonna put some liverock in to block the flow a bit. my main goal is a few corals a nice anemone and 2 black clowns. id also like to do seahorses since my daughter keeps buggin me for them. i have a heater that keeps a constant 76*. i plan on getting a glass hood and a dual lamp for coral bulb and nite bulb. im going to use water from my 120 to get it going as well as some liverock. would i need a skimmer for this setup?

use the 25 for a small reef.

the filter is a aquaclear 500 (i know crazy flow but the exos liked it) im gonna put some liverock in to block the flow a bit.

my main goal is a few corals a nice anemone and 2 black clowns.

id also like to do seahorses since my daughter keeps buggin me for them.

i have a heater that keeps a constant 76*.

i plan on getting a glass hood and a dual lamp for coral bulb and nite bulb. im going to use water from my 120 to get it going as well as some liverock.

would i need a skimmer for this setup?

Right, the 25 gallon is fine for a pair of clowns and when mature a small bta as long as you plan to move the nem when it gets to the size of a dinner plate :blink: and it will do this within a year.

However, seahorses need to be kept in a species tank, with very little flow

Best to decide on one or the other and go from there :good:

I used a small boyu skimmer on a tank this size and it pulled a fair amount of yuck out each week!

Seffie x

ps use fresh ro water and sand rather than water/sand from your other tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back