15 Gallon (54L) Planted Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

EllieJellyEllie said:
I have to do this here, as this is my only on going thread.

600 posts. Wow. Been here a while o_O

And, this is my 600th post. Now I can always come back and remember.

Yaaay a long way from the time you had to wait to do 60 posts to join chatroom 
laugh.png

Ch4rlie said:

I have to do this here, as this is my only on going thread.

600 posts. Wow. Been here a while o_O

And, this is my 600th post. Now I can always come back and remember.

Yaaay a long way from the time you had to wait to do 60 posts to join chatroom 
laugh.png

Haha :lol: it was a longer wait for competitions!

I got a new fishie!!!!!!!! His name is Ace, and he a a cellophane marble betta. My friend needed a home for him so he came here :)

EllieJellyEllie said:
I got a new fishie!!!!!!!! His name is Ace, and he a a cellophane marble betta. My friend needed a home for him so he came here
smile.png
nice to hear that Ellie

My has it been long! No changes, but may get some money to order my new stuff, then will be a finished tank soon :)

I really need to scrub the filter, not sure if I can, if I have enough media. Im going to add ceramic media when I do it

I've been throwing the idea of getting rid of the tank for a while now. And while I love it, I'm still not sure it is worth it.

That was until today, I decided that since it had never been properly cleaned, it was my job to clean it for the buyer anyway. So I did. Let just say, 2 hours later, a scrubbed filter, clean glass, algae free tank with a not disgusting lid is nice. Im in love. Ive spent $100 on this tank easy and Im not stopping now. I have plans for it now, and they haven't changed in a while, here they are.

Im going to get black gravel, I put about 4 lbs in, just to see how it would look, and I love it. I can't wait to get more and move my plants. I also have to seperate the runners from my jungle vals, and hopefully I get a ton more, I will need a lot for my jungle scape.

Im also going to make this thing high tech eventually, I just love plants. I can't help it. I know it will be very expensive and I will have to switch substrate again, but its worth it. My plan is t save up about $300 and buy dirt, black sand, a bunch of co2 or make a diy one, and a nice light. Then I will switch. So Im talking YEARS.

My plans haven't changed on this, I decided I am going to split the tank. Each side will have a mystery snail, a rabbit snail or nerite snail, and a male betta. My mom has fallen in love with the non pet store ones and may let me order one off of aquabid. For this I will save up $50 so I can get a nice one plus shipping. 

Here are some pictures of ace and a little about him. He is a big bubble nester. He also gaurds his nests to end. His favorite site to make a nest is with the 18 inch jungle vals. He loves it. Its really funny. He is also too small for the food, so he carries it around in his mouth until its soft enough for him to "chew". He loves flaring at the camera. I love this little guy, he is perfect and Im so happy my friend let me have him. I also love how much she trusts me with him and misses him to no end. The only flaw is he is a tail biter, hes not awful about it, but he does it. His pictures aren't the best because he moves too fast and he has what WildBetta thinks is an opaque layer under his scales which reflects light similar to a dragons does when in the right lighting. But only in the right lighting, if that makes sense. Now to pictures!

Ace trying to eat-
10463921_554918241296923_587112620707375608_n.jpg

Ace being Ace-
10505515_624806797626268_5651309509503499658_n.jpg

And one of the best pictures I've gotten of him-
10269357_624806794292935_2033824959823716905_n.jpg

Yes, he has black lipstick. Since I added the gravel, here are some FTS

Here is the side with gravel, its just a thin layer so plants are still in cups-
10481430_554997821288965_1487675833482723323_n.jpg

Here is the side without gravel, as I need to get some more when I get paid for petsitting-
10547590_554997817955632_2894682281633983849_n.jpg

And the full tank!
10527602_554997814622299_1551483423103797202_n.jpg

Long awaited update but there. I will update once I have gotten the gravel in and planted the plants! (Or if I get another snail, you never know with me)

Excellent update Ellie 
good.gif

Love the betta pics and the huge mystery snail :lol:

I have been informed that I can get a BN pleco, so i am. Also I want some tetras maybe, what kinds should I get?

akainechu said:
Your snail looks so cute! 

Thanks!

Im so excited guys!!!! Tomorrow I am getting the gravel and hopefully a BN and driftwood for him! Since its a new LFS I will take pictures and post them here :)

I was also very excited because I was looking in the shed for paint to paint my stand (finally) and I found half  can of qhite paint! I will be painting the stand Sunday afternoon so my dad can have the weekend in the garage and I will let it dry until twuesday morning. The tank will be on the floor empty of everything except the tiny bit of gravel in there and maybe a decoration piece. Fish, plants, heater, and an airstone will be in a 5g bucket with daily changes. I will also have filter media in there :)

So gravel wont be in until Tuesday afternoon but Im really excites that my tank is starting to take place. I can't believe I have had it a year. And the people I have met are amazing and great at giving advice :)

No BNs. At least 24x12 inches footprint for them. Preferably more.

i disagree TT a bn pleco is fine in this size tank as long as its got some hdrift wood in there larger the better :)

TallTree01 said:
No BNs. At least 24x12 inches footprint for them. Preferably more.

My tank is 24x12
Zikofski said:
i disagree TT a bn pleco is fine in this size tank as long as its got some hdrift wood in there larger the better
smile.png

Like I said, still 24x12 :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back