$25 Flowerhorns

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

youre not going to get a pic of the actual fish.. ordering from somewhere like that is hard to do... you never know what the quality of the fish you are getting is going to be..

from the bottom of the linked page:
Due to variations within each species, your aquatic life may not look identical to the image provided

i bet you a quarter that they'll refuse to give OA a picture of a specific fish. LiveAquaria is a faceless conglomorate that's directly owned by Foster&Smith, a mail-order supply catalogue. any email requesting pictures of purchased fish will go to a desk-operative who has no direct contact with any fish and may be hundreds of miles away from the holding tanks. OA'll get some form letter explaining why it isn't practical or economical for F&S to provide direct images of the available specimens, but that they appreciate his business and it's really for his benefit to recieve his purchases, sight unseen.

OA, LiveAquaria is alright for getting a general sense of the going rate for a fish, but the overall shipping costs from there are immense. There's a minimum order of $29 worth of fish, then $30-$40 for shipping. After adding in for shipping, you won't save much (if any) on just buying the fish directly from a LFS. If you're intent on buying a fish on the Internet, check Aquabid for anything that sounds like a deal. A lot of sellers will let you combine auctions for minimal increases on shipping AND you can generally get pictures of the exact fish you're buying. You might end up spending more money, but if you've been a savvy shopper, you've gotten more value for your purchases. (<--my $.02)

from the bottom of the linked page:
Due to variations within each species, your aquatic life may not look identical to the image provided

i bet you a quarter that they'll refuse to give OA a picture of a specific fish. LiveAquaria is a faceless conglomorate that's directly owned by Foster&Smith, a mail-order supply catalogue. any email requesting pictures of purchased fish will go to a desk-operative who has no direct contact with any fish and may be hundreds of miles away from the holding tanks. OA'll get some form letter explaining why it isn't practical or economical for F&S to provide direct images of the available specimens, but that they appreciate his business and it's really for his benefit to recieve his purchases, sight unseen.

OA, LiveAquaria is alright for getting a general sense of the going rate for a fish, but the overall shipping costs from there are immense. There's a minimum order of $29 worth of fish, then $30-$40 for shipping. After adding in for shipping, you won't save much (if any) on just buying the fish directly from a LFS. If you're intent on buying a fish on the Internet, check Aquabid for anything that sounds like a deal. A lot of sellers will let you combine auctions for minimal increases on shipping AND you can generally get pictures of the exact fish you're buying. You might end up spending more money, but if you've been a savvy shopper, you've gotten more value for your purchases. (<--my $.02)

This one makes sense to me.

Randomly, I saw a nice $800 FH on aquabid I wanted :dunno:
;)

Well, I got the E-Mail.
Dear ***,
Thank you for your email. The picture of the Flower Horn from our site is a picture of a specimen from our holding facility. We apologize that we are unable to offer a different picture of the Flower Horns we offer, though we do guarantee that the specimen we offer and ship are true Flower Horn Cichlids.
Thank you for choosing Drs. Foster & Smith Live Aquaria for your live aquatic needs. You are a valued customer and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.

If we can be of any additional assistance, please feel free to contact our Live Aquaria Department at 1-800-334-3699 or via email at [email protected] and we will be happy to answer any question(s) you may have.

Sincerely,

Technical Support
Drs. Foster & Smith

We hope that you find this information beneficial. We employ some of the best people in the industry and want to be your source for all of your aquatic needs.
Drs. Foster & Smith

You will also find over 1500 articles full of helpful information on our Pet Education website! Browse by species or topic. Your question(s) may already be answered there.
http://www.peteducation.com

jmf

At 09:59 PM 1/29/2006 -0600, you wrote:

Zip Code: *****
Email: **********************

Comments:
Hello, I was just looking at this fish: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...cfm?pCatId=1994, the Flower Horn, I'd love to get one, but could I just see an actual picture of one in your stock, not the one that is on the page though. I need proof these are true flowerhorns. Thank you.

Most reactions

Back