2011 Fish Of The Year Winner Is..........

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
FISH OF THE YEAR PRESENTATION:

This is the Oscars of the monthly competitions……. Oscar/Grammy award for The Fish of the Year 2011 goes to……………………………………………….

--------------------------------Blue Acara----------------------------------

Well done and congratulations Blue Acara!!!....

:yahoo: :yahoo: :good: :drinks: :cool: :kana: :kana: :- :hooray: :hooray: :drink: :band: :beer: :thumbs:

August 2011
geo22.jpg

If I knew having babies in a picture can make you win I would had thrown in some flowers and teddy bear lol grats though

excellent picture without a doubt but i thought fish of the month and year competitions were judged on the overall health and stance of the individual fish...... we can only see its head :look: :huh:

excellent picture without a doubt but i thought fish of the month and year competitions were judged on the overall health and stance of the individual fish...... we can only see its head :look: :huh:

i can only agree with that i have been looking at the past few fotm and have noticed that people are taking more notice of the shot rather than the actual health/stance of the fish like you said, if you have a super macro camera you could win it with a common fish like a platy.

i can only agree with that i have been looking at the past few fotm and have noticed that people are taking more notice of the shot rather than the actual health/stance of the fish like you said, if you have a super macro camera you could win it with a common fish like a platy.
yeah i dont mean to take anything away from the pic as its an excellent pic but i did think the idea behind fotm was purely down to its health, colouration etc etc not just on the quality of the pic......
it doesnt mean that a platy cant win fotm though. any fish thats in great health will be vibrant and beautifull in its own way and a fish doesnt have to be rare to win surely?

Yeah i totally agree, my point came across wrong i basicly meant that any fish common or not could win if it was a super close up macro shot, rather than a full length shot when you get the perspective of the full fish.

yeah i dont mean to take anything away from the pic as its an excellent pic but i did think the idea behind fotm was purely down to its health, colouration etc etc not just on the quality of the pic......
it doesnt mean that a platy cant win fotm though. any fish thats in great health will be vibrant and beautifull in its own way and a fish doesnt have to be rare to win surely?

This is the Oscars of the monthly competitions……. Oscar/Grammy award for The Fish of the Year 2011 goes to……………………………………………….

:yahoo: :yahoo: :good: :drinks: :cool: :kana: :kana: :- :hooray: :hooray: :drink: :band: :beer: :thumbs:

August 2011
geo22.jpg
Well i do not like fish that eat other fish but graet shot :good:

August 2011
geo22.jpg
Well i do not like fish that eat other fish but graet shot :good:

She isn't eating them! The small fish are her fry, she is looking after them! :rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back