2 Stroke Backfire

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Blubble37

Ohai dere c:
Reaction score
Somehow the 2 stroke engine on my strimmer is backfiring when i start it, i pull the handle, it turns over and fires three or four times then something goes wrong and it starts flamethrowing, it does this all the way upp to 75% throttle and as soon as i lift my finger off the trigger it makes a huge explosion and stops dead. what could this be as i have cleaned it, spark plug changed it, cleaned the carburettor and torched the cylinder to burn off all of the left over fuel. But this didnt solve it.

Thanks in advance

Blubble37

cant be the carb, it works fine on the other model! Fuel is fine as well, it might have something to do with the strimmer in question being 5 years old and seeing well over 30 hours running

anyway, a firespitting strimmer sounds kinda cool dunnit?

LOL! Your carb will probably need a tiny adjustment. I've got an old Stihl 044 chainsaw that i have to adjust every year to get it to run perfect even though nothing has chaged.

tempremental old things arent they! this will only run if you keep the choke about 3/4 on, if not that it will eject all the fuel through the carburettor and blow the air intake cap off with an explosion of flame to put even the Saturn V to shame :D

I would actually pay good money for a flamethrowing strimmer.
I had to buy a "weed burner" which I like to call my slug killer to stop the slugs.

If you wanted a flamethrowing strimmer you couldn't get one.

yh, the flamethrower bit is ok until it shoots a load of petrol over your hand at startup and themn ignites it! as a result i now have hands of asbestos, great for pain resistance, not so great when the girlfriend wants a hug :(

Most reactions

Back