2 Questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I can't really comment on filters for a breeding tank but I will say that I don't think either of the bulbs will do you any good. It doesn't tell what the wattage of those bulbs is (and I couldn't find it with a Google search either) but, as a general rule, you can't get the wattage you need from flourescent tubes. You really need at least 2 watts per gallon minimum for good plant growth. For the most part, you can only get about 1 wpg with flourescents. An upgrade to power compact lights is your best bet. You may want to ask in the planted section to see if anyone there can provide more information on those particular products.

I can't really comment on filters for a breeding tank but I will say that I don't think either of the bulbs will do you any good. It doesn't tell what the wattage of those bulbs is (and I couldn't find it with a Google search either) but, as a general rule, you can't get the wattage you need from flourescent tubes. You really need at least 2 watts per gallon minimum for good plant growth. For the most part, you can only get about 1 wpg with flourescents. An upgrade to power compact lights is your best bet. You may want to ask in the planted section to see if anyone there can provide more information on those particular products.

Its a 17 watt for the Ultra-Sun and 18 watt for Flora-Sun.But right now I am runnning 0.6 wpg (after the addition of twin-tube hood and extra-bulb I will be running 1.3 wpg) and my plants are growing, not growing very well, but still growing. I don't want to have a high-tech planted tank. The only plants that I want are low-light plants: Hygrophila, Hornwort, Java Fern + Moss, Vallisneria, Saggitaria, etc.

P.S. I say I don't want a high-tech planted tank, but i think I mean high-light planted tank. I plan on adding Co2 with a cheap and simple system, and I will add ferts once (maybe twice, too lazy and too much school to do estimative index) a week.

You will probably be all right with either of them then. I'm just not very familiar with the flourescent bulbs.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back