2 Gallon Stocking idea.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

they x-ray your bags when coming from the mainland?
stupid government, terrified of nothing.

They probably will show up under x-ray and the x-rays might not be the best for the shrimp. You might be able to find a lead lined thermos but that could weigh a bit and make them think you are trying something fishy.

The other option is just put them in a small bag with a tiny bit of water and a little bit of air so they don't get squashed, and put them in your pocket. Make sure you double bag it so it doesn't leak. Then just walk through with them in your pockets.

Tasmania is scared of everything. They’d probably do a frisk search on me that’s how scared they’d be.
I’ll find a way. Somehow or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They probably will show up under x-ray and the x-rays might not be the best for the shrimp. You might be able to find a lead lined thermos but that could weigh a bit and make them think you are trying something fishy.
Fishy, so to speak. ;)

Two gallons is small but honestly, if the aquarium is well cared for, aerated, and you are SUPER careful to underfeed to keep waste at a minimum, small fish can do well in small aquariums. I have found that in my 42 years of keeping aquariums the biggest secret is to not overfeed. Of course, now I sound like that 110 year old woman who smoked, and drank whiskey all her life, but did not OVER indulge. LOL!

Two gallons is small but honestly, if the aquarium is well cared for, aerated, and you are SUPER careful to underfeed to keep waste at a minimum, small fish can do well in small aquariums. I have found that in my 42 years of keeping aquariums the biggest secret is to not overfeed. Of course, now I sound like that 110 year old woman who smoked, and drank whiskey all her life, but did not OVER indulge. LOL!

Haha thanks so much for your reply. I’ve decided to go for a fluval flex 34l. Idk how many gallons that is. Reckon I could have some sparkling Gourami in that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colin you are now an accessory to a potentially heinous crime of planning the importation/relocation of an invasive species! You will probably pay a fine and/or do hard time. But no worries mate, you'll look good in orange and the sun and fresh air of the roadside clean-up chain gang will be fun.

The forum will miss you!

lol

Edit... and $100 for a 2g tank?!?!?! Even $25 is way high...a 2g may be suitable for shrimp and a few snails. but not anything else.

Last edited:
Colin you are now an accessory to a potentially heinous crime of planning the importation/relocation of an invasive species! You will probably pay a fine and/or do hard time. But no worries mate, you'll look good in orange and the sun and fresh air of the roadside clean-up chain gang will be fun.
It won't be the first time I have been a criminal. I was a criminal in 2016 while living on the street. I slept in my car in rest areas on the side of the road and I begged for food, both of which are illegal to do in Australia.

It won't be the first time I have been a criminal. I was a criminal in 2016 while living on the street. I slept in my car in rest areas on the side of the road and I begged for food, both of which are illegal to do in Australia.

Knew there was a shady past there! Homeless with a car?...sounds like upper class homeless to me! <hehe>

Knew there was a shady past there! Homeless with a car?...sounds like upper class homeless to me! <hehe>
LOL yeah. Not just a shady past but I have been called a shady character once or twice too. :)

I used to take my dogs to a dog park every afternoon as did a lot of the locals. We all knew each other and spent an hour or so chatting while the dogs ran around doing silly things. After the dog park I would take my dogs for a walk around the block before heading home. I never had my dogs on the lead because they didn't run off or chase cyclists or cause problems.

One day we were chatting to some friends at the park and one of them mentioned he had been talking to an old guy up the road. The old guy was apparently a little upset with this shady character who walked his dogs off lead every day. My friends didn't tell the old guy they knew me but they listened to him have a bit of a rant about me. At the dog park my friend came over and said "You're a shady character". He then explained what had happened with the old guy and we all had a good giggle over it. I got called a shady character for quite some time after that.

-------------------------
My car isn't upper class homeless, closer to lower middle class. It's only a little 4 cylinder hatch and I can't straighten my legs out in it. But it was more comfortable than sleeping on the ground and waking up with snakes, spiders and ants on you. The car also kept the wind and rain off me, although in winter I felt like I was in a boat during some of the storms. The car would be rocking left to right and it got a bit scary. It was also bloody cold when it got down to 3 degrees C and all you are wearing is jeans, a T-shirt, a long sleeve summer shirt and a pr of thongs on my feet.

My lower middle class home's heater fan died in April and I had no heat from then on.

I did learn stuff though. The human body adapts to cold in a couple of weeks and when it got to 7C it was warm and I was walking around in jeans and a T-shirt while everyone else was rugged up in jumpers, jackets and gloves.

The human body also stops smelling bad after a month without bathing. Turns out the biofilm on our well washed body is mostly sweat eating bacteria. But after a month you get all sorts of bacteria, fungus, viruses and yeast all over your skin and they start to compete for space with the sweat eaters. Eventually you don't smell unless you get wet, then you stink like a wet dog. Acrylic clothing smells bad but cotton clothing doesn't.

And when you get wet after not bathing for a while, you get real itchy after you dry and your skin starts to flake off like big scales the size of your finger nail. This is why dogs always run off to the lawn and roll about after having a bath or swim. You get really itchy. So when you do bath after months without washing, you should scrub your skin to get the layers of dead skin off and then you won't be itchy afterwards.

All in all, I think everyone in politics, the cops and the courts should have to spend a week living on the street with nothing more than the clothes on their back. That way they would have some idea of what the poor bastards who get thrown out of their homes have to deal with.

And no I didn't do anything to deserve being made homeless. My abusive sister decided to lie to the courts and had me thrown out of my home. The vro (violence restraining order) she took out against me was cancelled 6 months later by a magistrate because there was no grounds for it to be issued. Unfortunately it was too little too late and I spent another 6 months living in my car before I managed to get my identification back and could get heart and lung medication. My heart is now failing because I went for over a year without medication and there's nothing I can do about it.

Good old crap Australia laws. Anybody can take out a vro against anyone else without any proof, evidence or witnesses to support their accusations. And the government scumbags haven't got the guts to respond to any of my letters about this and I have been writing to them since 2016.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back