2.5G Tank....yeah...i Know Its Small...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yeh that'll be fine they only grow to a max size of 1.5" they are not the best hunters as their eyes are very poor so a block of frozen blood worm (live or frozen) but not freeze dried, some also like brine shrimp mine love brine again frozen or live they are also normally nocturnal depending on how much cover you give them

Loads of cover = nocturnal
Minimal cover = dayturnal

They shed their skin once every two weeks do watch out and keep an eye as some time (as with reptiles) their skin can get tight on their bodies and can cut off blood circulation in in certain place ( normally toes but legs can be effected ) also if you see them shedding don't intervene as they will look like they are having trouble but their not :) they will also eat their skin but some times they miss bits so that needs to be removed ( the missed bits that is)

They have a good memory so will recognise you unlike with fish who recognise you by feeding time these have a good memory and will remember anything and you :)

Now you can handle these guys but you can't take them out of the water some say it stresses them but they are frogs and like all frogs become more active and nicer and trusting towards you ( don't go in there every few hours about once a day to once every other day will be great )

You may also here a cricket type sound this is a males song which means you have a female frog in your tank which he is trying I impress when breeding season starts they will grab anything that moves that's why a species only tank is best :)

i dont know of this is normal, but my gold gour is about 2 inches long at 1 1/2 years.

You could always make a shrimp tank :nod:

no offense but if one more person sais "make a shrimp tank" Im going to go buy 30 discus fish and fry em up and eat them with a lemon wedge and a side of fried kuli loaches....raaaaaaaghhhh what do people see in shrimp tanks? sure shrimp are cool but crayfish are MUUUCH cooler ;D

no offense but if one more person sais "make a shrimp tank" Im going to go buy 30 discus fish and fry em up and eat them with a lemon wedge and a side of fried kuli loaches....raaaaaaaghhhh what do people see in shrimp tanks? sure shrimp are cool but crayfish are MUUUCH cooler ;D
Three words Shovel... Thai Micro Crabs. Now screw your crayfish :p

Make a shrimp tank.

What we see in shrimp tanks is subtle beauty in a tiny size. If you can afford to fry up 30 discus why the faack don't you buy a bigger tank?? Use the 2.5g for a Q or fry tank. Sheesh.

Shrimp are great.

Anyway, I'm not sure if endlers would be ok in there. Maybe worth lookimg into.
What about micro rasbora? I've only ever seen them online so don't really know much about them or their requirements.

get your discus ready mate ur eating well lol
have the frogs they are funny

I loved your description of Bettas :D Much how i feel about the wifes one, lol :D

I have to say, i've only had shrimp for a while, they are quite cool, something a little different. ;)

I don't see anything wrong with shrimp either, am trying to get some cherry shrimps but still couldn't find any from the lfs.
I have some little neon tetras in a 2.5g, they've grown up a little now I think it's time to go in my main tank.

:eek:

To hell with the discus fry.....but not the loachiies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY LOACHIES! :grr: :fun:

MIK YOUR A GENIUS! THAI MICROCRABS ALL THE WAY!
I'd much prefer to make discus nuggets out of baby discus fry....for the kiddies ya' know? :hey:

MIK YOUR A GENIUS! THAI MICROCRABS ALL THE WAY!
I'd much prefer to make discus nuggets out of baby discus fry....for the kiddies ya' know? :hey:

My loaches may be a little on the tubby side, but that's cause i like them round and squishy, not so you can fry 'em up and have a side order of kuhli fries to go with your discus nuggets! >: (

Oh and if you get a kids meal, can I have the toy? :fun:

Most reactions

trending

Back