2.5G Tank....yeah...i Know Its Small...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thats about 10-12L so imo proberly not tbh im not sure on honeys but i dont think there are any gours that could fit that dwarfs wouldnt and honeys are only a tiny bit smaller

thats about 10-12L so imo proberly not tbh im not sure on honeys but i dont think there are any gours that could fit that dwarfs wouldnt and honeys are only a tiny bit smaller
i know dwarfs are a no, was more so wondering about a croaking or sparkling gouramis, as their tiny little buggers lol

sparkling gouramis are delicate fish's and therefore requi pristine water quality so should be placed in a lightly stocked tank with lots of cover, and with 3 sparkling gouramis, it would be hard to keep the water clean, considering that the tank is only 2.5 gallons
It would be hard to cycle the tank and keep the tank cycled, meaning that a 2.5 gallon is nit the bet choice to keep them in and the gouramis are territorial so should be in tanks like 15 inches+

i think its a bit small.

Maybe go for a betta male? but then its still on the small side.
TBH its a bit small for most fish, perhaps shrimp though

I think a Betta can fit. It wouldn't be the most happy Betta not much room :( like said above

Forgive me for saying this, but probably not going to do a betta...ugly little turds of a fish imo, only care for the females....I think im going to look into african dwarf frogs...

the cool thing though is the tank is really long versus being taller..so not too bad of tank dimensions as ive seen some absolutely horridly shaped 2.5 gallon tanks...

Everyone has their personally choice lol like I prefer Bettas to gours

I also have African dwarf frogs so u can ask me anything If ud like :)

sparkling gouramis are delicate fish's and therefore requi pristine water quality so should be placed in a lightly stocked tank with lots of cover, and with 3 sparkling gouramis, it would be hard to keep the water clean, considering that the tank is only 2.5 gallons
It would be hard to cycle the tank and keep the tank cycled, meaning that a 2.5 gallon is nit the bet choice to keep them in and the gouramis are territorial so should be in tanks like 15 inches+
Wait, why would it be hard to "keep cycled" ? once the bacteria in the filter medium is established there are fluctuations but minor and shouldn't have trouble thriving...? Even if for whatever reason the bacterium werent keeping up, 2.5gallons of water isnt that hard to stir up...

Yeh you could most Likely get at least 4 adf's in that tank do remember they are completely aquatic and dehydrate in 15 mins when out of water so block up all holes

Best kept in species only tank as they need bloodworm as a staple diet some also enjoy algae wafers ( not suppose to) but some do one of mine loves them :) make sure you get adf's and not African clawed frogs the best way to tell is to look at the front limbs
An African dwarf frogs front toes are webbed
An african clawed frogs toes aren't ( also if big enough the huge claws)

But don't rely on the claw thing adf's also have claws just not as long that's why I suggested looking at the front toes :)

Yeh you could most Likely get at least 4 adf's in that tank do remember they are completely aquatic and dehydrate in 15 mins when out of water so block up all holes

Best kept in species only tank as they need bloodworm as a staple diet some also enjoy algae wafers ( not suppose to) but some do one of mine loves them :) make sure you get adf's and not African clawed frogs the best way to tell is to look at the front limbs
An African dwarf frogs front toes are webbed
An african clawed frogs toes aren't ( also if big enough the huge claws)

But don't rely on the claw thing adf's also have claws just not as long that's why I suggested looking at the front toes :)
Thank goodness! ahaha i was dreading someone replying with a "its too small of a tank" kinda reply.....know a guy who has 4 in a 5g so id probably do maybe 2....at the most..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back