2,000 Liter Discus Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DevotedToDiscus

Fish Herder
Reaction score
A new tank has been in the pipeline for quite a while now, but I have constantly found excuses not to do it. Well I had finally run out of excuses, and then one of my filter hoses on my main tank sprung a leak and damaged the cabinet. So I finally ordered the tank. It is a made to order tank and cabinet, so there's been a bit of a wait, but it will finally arrive tomorrow.

I will compose this journal to share all the details from start to finish. I will include the good, the bad, and the ugly parts! Hopefully we can share and gain ideas along the way. It will be planted and scaped, and run a large refugium sump, with elements that should keep the water pristine. 

The build might be a little slow as I will be limited with free time from work, but will get there eventually.

The tank has been made to fit against a set of sliding glass doors, which are never used. So the plan is to have it as a tank I can view from either side(so not background).

Here's a picture of where it will go:
IMG_1026_zpseb10893d.jpg

IMG_1025_zps48ba5548.jpg
[/URL]

I will do my best to make this as informative, interesting and enjoyable to read as I can......

Exciting! :D
I spy some fishing photos there too :p
Proper enthusiast! 

Can't wait to see more pics!
Very pretty home by the way :)

Sophie said:
Exciting!
biggrin.png

I spy some fishing photos there too
tongue2.gif

Proper enthusiast! 
Boarding on obsessive!! 
blink.png

Ninjouzata said:
Can't wait to see more pics!
Very pretty home by the way
smile.png
Thanks 
blush.png
. It is being delivered in the morning 
yahoo.gif

The elephant would make for interesting tank decor!!! :p

Love this idea.. Can't wait to see it..

Best of luck!!!

yahoo.gif
Happy days! It arrived and has now been installed and all the plumbing done. 

WOW!! It kind of makes your other tank look tiny!!  The picture of the person standing inside really adds a sense of scale
ohmy.png

I measured it out to order it, but even I didn't really realise just how big it was going to be!!! Took eight of us to carry just the tank, and it was still a struggle!

Tomorrow I will go to buy, some wood, rocks, sand, etc. Back to work Sunday afternoon though so bare with me, as it is going to be a drawn out affair getting it finished.

Tomorrow I will go to buy, some wood, rocks, sand, etc. Back to work Sunday afternoon though so bare with me, as it is going to be a drawn out affair getting it finished.
I think you will need a whole beach and a whole forest to fill that! Its awesome!

I'm sure it's going to be more than worth the wait.. Best of luck..

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back