🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Well this certainly is a different landscape to try, looks interesting. Certainly going to be interesting to see how this turns out. :)

Can't quite picture how you're going to get the moss balls to cover the carpet though. They're round, so are you going to just cut them in half and lay them? Even if you pull them apart some more i can still see it being up and down?

Also, where the xmas moss is, how are you going to make all them bends using the slate? :p

As for the algae, maybe ask Themuleous if he experienced any algae in his tank, check his journal. It was all Hc, no stem plants.

I'd tend to perhaps lay a thin layer of sand on the bottom so that the slate doesnt scratch it. Doesnt need to be much.

Best of luck :good:

ha ha sounds cool!! always good to do something different

This is a mad idea FK! You certainly have a talent for thinking outside the box. Look forward to seeing it up and running :) you going to have a small tiger woods figure in there too? :lol:

Sam

Hmmm intersting idea!
Some carfull plant choices will be needed here!
Not sure hornwort will work for pine trees, why not tie your xmass moss to twiggs and branches to make the trees.
The fairway could be made of dwarf riccia or normal riccia if you cant get that,HC even or V sp dubyana ( spelling :X )
Not sure what your going to do with the marimo balls, may look odd -_-

Could look good, i shall watch with baited breath!

R,
Graeme.

Extremely great idea, you've given me inspiration for my nano. I'm going to plan something, i'm not quite sure what, :look: but erm yes, i've got something planned. :unsure:

Neal

I have extremely highlight so I'm hoping mine would carpet faster...:dunno:

With such highlight how do you think you'll combat the algae monster? Moss balls grow really slowly from what I know of them? You hoping the hornwort will serve that function?

Sam

PS - Tiger barbs would have been quality! ;)

Not quite sure how this is going to turn out, FKNM. You will have a problem with algae. I'm wondering why this setup can't be done with a lot less light? Hornwort, Christmas moss grow well under lower light. Do marimbo balls need a lot of light? I think patience may be the key to making this landscape work rather than rushing to do it faster with too much light. If the balls will carpet under lower light, I'd lower the light levels and just wait it out. It could be really cool, though.

llj :)

Checked out the link!
So your going to reshape the marrimo balls to grow like grass?? Flattening them out and giving you the carpet??
How will you anchor it down?

The hornwort pictured looks good, it may be hard to keep that shape though!

:)

I'm not entirely sure, but wouldn't a 55 watt pc bulb fit in your fixture? That would give you 3.67 wpg which would be better. But it's up to you whether or not it's worth buying a new bulb.

Actually FKNM. The anacharis doesn't look halfbad. You might want to use it at first with the hornwort and just lay it around the tank as an algae buster. If you want something that won't bust up your scape too much, perhaps Duckweed might help you too. Once your tank is stablilized you can always remove the plants you don't want. If you choose to use anacharis, make sure the tank doesn't get too hot. Anacharis can become leggy in warmer temperatures and lower light levels. It'll tolerate it and grow well and actually kind of looks a bit like hornwort.

llj :)

If this actually works then its going to be pretty special, looking good so far, i wish you the best of luck with it.

Yep, slightly left of centre............I like it.

I think you're thinking of square pin bulbs (sometimes written as :):) on ebay)! Sorry on the slow reply, I had a big 5 hour test today!

Most reactions

Back