150watt Halide Light

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Well thats a magnetic ballast. So less energy efficient than an electric one. That may use abot 180W to run it.

I sold that exact same light for £40 about 4 months ago, look around for naragins 2nd hand

do what ones are more energ efficent as i am only 18 and bought my self a flat so money is a bit of a problem as my mates want to buy corals for the tank as they like the look off them cheers

Well tbh, there isnt much of a difference. A magnetic ballast will use more electrisity than an electric one. But on a 150W single halide it may save you 15-20W. Just turn appliances off stand by. Switch lights off. Use energy saving bulbs around the flat. This will save you more money.

do you know how much it could cost me a day mate thanks

sorry for being a pain and asking stupit questions

26p KW/H seems a hell of a lot to me :blink:

1KW = 1,000W

So say your halide uses 180W over 10 hours thats 1.8KW.

26P x 1.8 = 46.8P per day

hi ben do you mean 46.8 pounds

that dose seem a lot coz i am also from glasgow and i only get charged 16 pence an hour

btw y are you still validating you should have your first yellow tang on the board mate have you sent you validation again for looked in your inbox

thanks ben glad to see you didnt give up the hobby mate howthing if it was 48 quid a day i would slice my risted lol

Most reactions

Back