🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Nice work......Looks very serene, and obviously a perfect setup for the Betta.
The bamboo sets the whole thing off really well.

A while ago I wanted to try recreate a sort of 'Lost Mayan Temple' in the jungle' look, but never got around to starting it.
83YUC-03-15-Uxmal-jungle.jpg

I still might give it a try if I can find a way of creating the mayan pyramid !

Ill add to everyone else and say -> new, different -> love it :) You were going to get the buddha back in there some how I knew it! ;) Can I make one small suggestion? Perhaps put a few bit of bamboo towards the front of the tank more? At the mo the buddha and first line of bamboo seem to all be in a straight line across the tank? Having a few nearer the front might make it look a bit more like you're wandering through the jungle and come across an ancient buddha?

Just and thought :)

Sam

:lol: Those are probably the nicest compliments I had on this journal ever :D Thanks so much guys!!!

Miss Wiggle: Thanks :) Sayyy, you do have a betta tank, right? :hey: But wait a minute...I thought it was Ian who's the planted tank nut between you two? :lol:

ha ha yup I do, it's semi planted at the moment, closest to a planted tank I have, but nowhere near the standard of you guys!

and yeah Ian's much more into the planted tanks than me. I just tag along for the ride!! :lol: nah i love planted tanks, they look awesome, but the science is a bit beyond me :rolleyes: so i doub't i'll ever do one of my own.

LLJ: Your nanas are just the perfect size! And I like their darker color - it's a nice contrast to the anubias (var long and sharp variety) that I have and the HM. I'm sure your giant betta will love having the 8 gallon to itself ;) (are you importing it from Thailand/Malaysia/etc? I don't see that many giant bettas from US sellers)

Thanks! :blush: I'm glad that you are enjoying the anubias. I forgot they would be darker. The tank they came from only has 1.4WPG. As for the betta, there was one aquarium store in Miami that had two giant bettas once. I suspect they were only half giants, but a 3.5 inch betta is still pretty big. I went into that store again (they have excellent driftwood) and they had DT HMs, very nice and not too pricey, less than $10. They can probably special order a giant for me, or I'll be doing Aquabid in the winter. A transhipper is located in Miami, so I can actually pick-up from the transhipper and save a bit on shipping. Lucky me.

Look forward to seeing updates of this little tank in the future. Keep up the great work!

llj :)

Interesting aquascaping and may i say Sexy Fish Home! I know my fishies would love to live there! Great theme. You should win a Prize for it.

fknm, its looking great :good: Its now got that serene, austere setting that complements the buddha. And the betta seems to be acting his part :)

That is a work of art, definitely prize material. Your project inspires me so I might have try something similar. :good: :D

very inspiring :D

What make of tank is it, and can you list the equipment you are running?

Thanks

Ross :D

Any updates, FKNM? Or is this tank like your golf course tank? We have to wait awhile to see any changes?

It's been over a month.

llj

Still looking cool FK :) it grows on me each time I see this scape :) shame you've got less time at the moment, but I guess that cos you've got more work and that cant be a bad thing :).

Sam

Still looking cool FK :) it grows on me each time I see this scape :) shame you've got less time at the moment, but I guess that cos you've got more work and that cant be a bad thing :).

Sam

Work is certainly not a bad thing! Wish I had work! Tank looks really nice, FKNM. I like the bamboo, it adds a certain touch to it.

llj

Did you say the Buddha is hollow? Heh.... I have an odd idea, and I don't even know if it's possible.... BUT...

See the hand he has facing towards the front of the tank? Imagine if you drilled a hole in it and put an airstone inside the buddha, so bubbles shoot out of the middle of his hand! LOL! I think that would be cool.

Anyways... you did a wonderful job, it's absolutely beautiful.

Most reactions

Back