125Gal Led Lighting

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Bigazfish

Reaction score
Hello everyone Im new to this site and I was looking for opinions for LED lighting for my new 125gal. I plan on having live plants as well as lots of community fishes. Im thinking the largest full grown fishes would be up to 3". Nothing to large, I like smaller fishes. I like the Marineland LED light strips and was tolld by my LFS that the Marineland Reef Capablle would be what I needed. The tank is brand new and im going to be "buliding" up from scratch. I have a 55gal currently running so im not really rushed. I wanna do this tank right the first time. I guess really first im looking for opinions for my substrate. I planned on using strictly Flourite Black substrate. I was also wondering which filter combination would be best for my setup. I like the Filstar XP series. I was wondering whether I shoud use 2 XP L's (rated at 350gph) or 1 XP XL (rated at 450gph). Like I said before, id rather do this right the first time rather than have to make drastic changes later. Thank you in advance for your input.......

Most reactions

Back