10g tankmate wanted

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

leck85

Moved On
Reaction score
well... i had a 10g set up with 4 croaking gouramis, 2 cories, and a platy in it...

im looking at the tank closely today.. and i realized...

where the hell did all the fish go..

there is 1 croaking gourami left, and 2 cories..

the croaker is like 1.5 inches in size... i donno if he killed everyone else or wtf happened...

im kinda disappointed :S...

im gonna do a big cleanup of the tank... go on a search for the rest of the fish..

take everything but gravel out.... and change 1/2 the water...

time for tankmates..

who would do good in my 10g with a 1.5 in croaking gourami, and 2 cories ?

Wow, I have No idea what happened to your Croaking gouramis tankmates but I'm extremely interested. I'd like to own Croakers myself.

sorry, I'm no help

The croaker wouldn't kill his tankmates, unless he went on some psycho knife wielding killing spree. They're pretty peaceful fish, so I'm assuming you had a disease or problem with your water that killed the other fish. Who knows. Anyways, platies should be just fine with the croaker, if you'd like to do that again. You can also try some danios, or a dwarf gourami (doesn't always work). With my croakers I've got 3 juvie danios, 3 platies, a panda cory, and a sparkling gourami. They have been kept with a female dwarf gourami at one time, and that worked well. Good luck.

I know. :sad: I had him with 2 other buddies, who unfortunately died. I think they had some issues with fin rot, possibly bacterial, and only one was saved with my Maracyn Two. :no: I'm almost positive I'll move him into my 10 gallon with the other pandas, because I can't seem to find any more pandas around here to add to the 6. :crazy:

juliethegr8t said:
You can also try some danios, or a dwarf gourami (doesn't always work).
I always thought you could only keep danios in a 20 gallon as they need lot of space to swim?

Opinions differ on this. I think danios would definitely prefer to be in a 20, as they are crazy fast swimmers and enjoy long tanks. However, IMO, the bare minimum they should be kept in is a 10. I have some in my own 10 gallon and they're quite happy. Maybe not as happy as they could be, but space is limited at my house.

juliethegr8t said:
Opinions differ on this. I think danios would definitely prefer to be in a 20, as they are crazy fast swimmers and enjoy long tanks. However, IMO, the bare minimum they should be kept in is a 10. I have some in my own 10 gallon and they're quite happy. Maybe not as happy as they could be, but space is limited at my house.
I first asked the question in Live Chat because they're the best to cycle a tank, and as danio_2004 answered my question, I assumed that I should just follow his advice. But I have to say I did use 3 zebra danios to cycle my 10 gallon a couple of months ago. After a lot of research, I must have done all the right things cos' none of them died and after tank was cycled, I returned them to the lfs.

Cheers,

with regards to the danio question...I think they can survive ina 10g, but personally I would never put them in one. i used to have some in my 15g (24" long) and it was like as soon as they'd got up to speed, they'd have to stop and turn round. although they're great fish, I will not be getting any more till i have a bare minimum of a 36" tank for them. :)

Most reactions

Back