10g Reef Set-up!

Scott MacAdam

Fish Addict
Joined
Jul 24, 2005
Messages
934
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Halifax, Canada
Well hello my good friends,

Yes yes the rumors are true, I am back! hahahaha

A friend of mine, and a fellow fish keeper, has come across some nano-reef tanks (a 3 gallon I believe) and he has sparked my interest. I have never had a marine of any kind and I am just wondering how much of a project this will become should I take it on. Have any of you ever tried these and what would it take to get one up and running?

Thanks for the responses!

~ Scott MacAdam
 
It's not easy, depending on what you want to stock.

Check out here for all sorts of information on nano tanks.
 
a 10gallon reef is something that's not too hard to accomplish. As said, dependant on the stock you want it could be costly or not, aswell as easy to maintain or hard. You need RO water, the right kind of lighting, live rock, live sand and (reccomened) a protein skimmer.

I set up a 72gallon as a reef and it cost well over $5000, it went to waste unfortunatly as the tank crashed :( I'm restarting it however in a couple of weeks when I move :D ( a 55gallon SW pred tank -not a reef).

Check in the saltwter section, there's loads of great info in there that helped me :)
 
Thanks for the Link, Great info there loachman.

PRW1988, I could spare a couple hundred to get everything set up, and I already have the tank and a bunch of spare freshwater equipment (not sure what can be used or crossed over there....) but if i may ask, What exactly is "RO Water" and is the right kind of lighting some sort of UV lighting maybe? and I've heard of live rock of course, but live sand? not too sure what is meant by that. Either way, being new to marine tanks, I'd be looking for something a little cheaper in set-up and something that would be easier to not mess up the first time around.... any suggestions on types of reef or stock?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top