1000ltr Topical Fishtank, Marine Style Update

Hi,
Love your tank, does everyone get on ok?

Are your bubbles deep in the sand as bubble bar?
 
wow! what an amazing ~twist~ really didnt expect to see a clown loach in there, brought me right back down to earth lol
its so diffrent, well to me it is. the eel?? the frog, its kind of a fantasy tank, i assuming they are all compatible,course they are or they wouldnt be looking so pleased about it all, i love the whole layout of the tank, and especially the airstones, what have you done there? buried them in the sand?and those rocks really make it special.. there must have been a heck of a lot of work gone into that tank,and i read that you do water changes 3 times a week, thats commitment , well done :thumbs:

me and my son watched the clip twice, as we couldnt believe what that eel did( stick his head out the wter) goodness me ,he could cause a serious shock at 2 in the morning, we laughed ourselves silly

shelagh xxxx
 
Hi all, thanks for the comments.

All the fish n things, do actually get on very well. I have mixed cichlids and oddballs ranging from the 22" fire eel, 11" tire track eel, and the frog. The frog is actually a fun one to have, when I go in the tank, he comes up and sits in the palm of your hand.

The air comes from an hi-blow65 air pump, which is pushing 4000ltrs/hour, I have seen shops using smaller ones than these! lol
I have many air curtains burried under the coral sand (80kgs of the stuff).

The rock is quite special in that it is hand painted to look like fuji rock, it is not just plastic, but made of a strange plaster type material. There is around £350 worth of the stuff in the tank...believe or not. I had to silcone all the rocks together, to make it look like that.
 
How comes you went for marine style with FW fish? Personal prefference i guess :)
 
How comes you went for marine style with FW fish? Personal prefference i guess :)

I love the look of a marine tank, however do not have the time to dedicate to a marine tank. Changing water in this tank is easy, all I do is get the hose from outside, stick it in the tank, go back outside to turn the tap on, this puts a bit of water into the tank, but then I unplug it so the water back flows from the tank. After it has taken out the required amount, I reconnect the hose to the tap, and turn it on till the tank is full.

With a marine tank...there is a bit more to it having seen my friends attempting to deal with a marine tank.



Love it!!

What kind of lighting you got it it ?

I have 4 T5 lights, two actinic (blue) and two coral white, on ballast, and frequency control units. These are timed for a 24/hour day/night cycle.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top