100 Gallon Tank - Multi-biome

JMatthew

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hopefully it looks like I will be getting a 100 gallon tank in about a week. I would like to create a small beach like rise for some land/water critter (not sure exactly what yet) and would like to use sand in it. For the portion of the tank where the land rises, should I use gravel to build it up and then lay sand over it. My concern is for any bad gas pockets that might build up in the large portion of sand since I won't be able to disturb much of the inner mass.

So, whatcha think peeps?
 
Use bricks to raise the level then cover around with sand so that it appears like one large column of sand. You could use plexiglass to help establish a gentle slope from the beach down to the deepest section of water.
 
There was a thread on the gas pockets awhile ago and basically it was proven as a myth.. yes there are pockets of gas but as soon as they hit water, the chemical reaction converts them to harmless stuff. It may smell a little when the bubbles surface but that doesn't mean your fish will mind!

Sorry I don't know where the article is, maybe another member will source it up?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top