10 Gallon

randymyr

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
194
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Nova Scotia
I got a ten gallon tank, and i'm not sure what to do with it though!

I'm thinking I could get some shrimp, cuz shrimp are pretty sweet, and I've always loved them, but the tanks I had before always had fish who were too aggressive!
I was also thinking of a planted tank, maybe with shrimp and some other fish who could go with them too
or I was thinking of making an Asian biotope (just fish/inverts from the same area/country, not all out biotope)

I had many, many more ideas... But I was wondering what you guys think would be cool... Any ideas people??
 
I take it you mean US galls?

Would make a great Betta tank depending on filter flow. (My 34lt in sig, is set with a Betta boy, Pigmy Cory and a couple of Ottos)
 
I take it you mean US galls?

Would make a great Betta tank depending on filter flow. (My 34lt in sig, is set with a Betta boy, Pigmy Cory and a couple of Ottos)

pretty sure it's us gallons...
got an aquaclear 50 on it, lmao
used for tanks from 30-50 gallons, so excellent filtration, I'd say so.
Betta are awesome fish, but I'm kinda looking for more of a community tank.
 
I take it you mean US galls?

Would make a great Betta tank depending on filter flow. (My 34lt in sig, is set with a Betta boy, Pigmy Cory and a couple of Ottos)

pretty sure it's us gallons...
got an aquaclear 50 on it, lmao
used for tanks from 30-50 gallons, so excellent filtration, I'd say so.
Betta are awesome fish, but I'm kinda looking for more of a community tank.

Oh ok, not a lot of scope for that sized tank as a community set up.
 
I take it you mean US galls?

Would make a great Betta tank depending on filter flow. (My 34lt in sig, is set with a Betta boy, Pigmy Cory and a couple of Ottos)

pretty sure it's us gallons...
got an aquaclear 50 on it, lmao
used for tanks from 30-50 gallons, so excellent filtration, I'd say so.
Betta are awesome fish, but I'm kinda looking for more of a community tank.

Oh ok, not a lot of scope for that sized tank as a community set up.

pretty much all i can think of are smaller fish, like tetras, rasboras and smaller danios
 
Dwarf Puffers, i love mine. the little guys have so much personality and are facinating to watch especially when feeding :)
 
You could have a few female bettas, but not with shrimp
Or bumblebee gobies, peacock gobies, threadfin rainbows, snails, frogs, shrimp as you said, ottos, killifish, normans lampeye, micro rasboras like celestial pearl (galaxy) or coffee bean, guppies... males lol, pygmy cories, dwarf or pitbull pleco
 
I'd love to get a dwarf puffer or two, just they don't have any at my lfs, and never have... They've had puffers, just those huge fahaka puffers though.
Same deal with the celestials and the killifish... I'd love to get some killifish, but there's absolutley none!
For the size of the tank, and the availability of fish, I'm probably gonna end up stuck with tetras, rasboras or guppies (i hate guppies...)
 
I'd love to get a dwarf puffer or two, just they don't have any at my lfs, and never have... They've had puffers, just those huge fahaka puffers though.
Same deal with the celestials and the killifish... I'd love to get some killifish, but there's absolutley none!
For the size of the tank, and the availability of fish, I'm probably gonna end up stuck with tetras, rasboras or guppies (i hate guppies...)

Ebay?
My P@H have Normans Lampeye Killifish all the time, they are TINY and have little neon eyelids, very pretty.
 
never really liked buying things off of the internet... especially with the possibility of death during transport ! :|
 

Most reactions

Back
Top