10 Gallon Tank

kuruptedseed

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Orlando, Fl
I would like to use black paint on the backside of the tank along with black gravel and very few plants on the sides of the tank... I would like to stock with 20 or so neon tetras and 5 or 6 albino corycats! What do you all think? This sound reasonable? or any alternative ideas./suggestions?. Tank water has been maturing for 3 weeks already and I am using a biowheel 200 with temp at 77 F... I am looking for striking shoaling action in a small setup! thanks fellow aquarists
 
I would like to use black paint on the backside of the tank along with black gravel and very few plants on the sides of the tank... I would like to stock with 20 or so neon tetras and 5 or 6 albino corycats! What do you all think? This sound reasonable? or any alternative ideas./suggestions?. Tank water has been maturing for 3 weeks already and I am using a biowheel 200 with temp at 77 F... I am looking for striking shoaling action in a small setup! thanks fellow aquarists

You would need a larger tank for the stocking that you want right now...just a ten gallon tank wouldn't be sufficient to house such a large group of fish.

If you are looking to have some schooling fish in a small tank then you might want to look into some of the smaller rasbora species.
 
And erm.. do you mean the tank has just been sitting for 3 weeks? If so, you do know that does absolutely nothing except make the water go stale.

If this is the case, read up on the pinned topics on cycling.
 
I would like to use black paint on the backside of the tank along with black gravel and very few plants on the sides of the tank... I would like to stock with 20 or so neon tetras and 5 or 6 albino corycats! What do you all think? This sound reasonable? or any alternative ideas./suggestions?. Tank water has been maturing for 3 weeks already and I am using a biowheel 200 with temp at 77 F... I am looking for striking shoaling action in a small setup! thanks fellow aquarists

You would need a larger tank for the stocking that you want right now...just a ten gallon tank wouldn't be sufficient to house such a large group of fish.

If you are looking to have some schooling fish in a small tank then you might want to look into some of the smaller rasbora species.
Galaxy rasboras?
Pgmy cories?
Or you could have a betta or some shrimp, but neons and corydoras need bigger tanks preferably 60 litres+.
 
And erm.. do you mean the tank has just been sitting for 3 weeks? If so, you do know that does absolutely nothing except make the water go stale.

If this is the case, read up on the pinned topics on cycling.


Doing a fishless cycling with ammonia
 
You can overstock a bit with a good filter and dilligent maintenence on the tank, but not to the level you have suggested with the fish you have suggested. 8-10 pygmy cories and a centrepiece fish or some small Rasboros as suggested would be far better and easier to maintain.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top