10 Gallon Tank.

Bebobb

You can't get like me
Joined
May 18, 2008
Messages
1,771
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Gravette Arkansas
I would like sort of odd things like ghost shrimp but not stuff like cichlids. I so wish when I was moving here I kept my 35 gallon! Oh well! I was thinking of tetras buut I could only get like 5 of them. And the aquarium would be pretty boring! So any suggestions?
 
I would like sort of odd things like ghost shrimp but not stuff like cichlids. I so wish when I was moving here I kept my 35 gallon! Oh well! I was thinking of tetras buut I could only get like 5 of them. And the aquarium would be pretty boring! So any suggestions?

an invert tank... a few types of shrimp (cherry, ghost, amano...) snails... ramshom, apple, nerite.

:good:
 
I had shrimp in with 2 Dwarf Puffers for quite a while in a 10gal. Add the shrimp first and make sure they are a decent size and it would make for a very nice little tank.
 
A couple bumblebee gobies and some inverts maybe.
I know you said you don't want cichlids but you could do some shelldwellers in a 10g.
Here are some other suggestions: <a href="http://www.fishforums.net/content/New-to-t...or-A-10-Gallon/" target="_blank">http://www.fishforums.net/content/New-to-t...or-A-10-Gallon/</a>


Yeah they look pretty nice but I haven't heard of them before would they be sold at walmart or Petco because im 11 years old and my b-day is in 43 days and I don't have a large bugdget for shipping. I'll look into them they look like cichlids and I love the way cichlids look. If I couldn't get those what would be a dominate species that gets 4 inches at the maximum for a 10 gallon?

So would say that 2 of them could go together?
 
I don't live in The States so I'm not sure about what is in Petco or Walmart but if you can't find them I would google appistogramma species and see if you like them. They are South American cichlids while shelldwellers are African. You could do a pair or maybe a trio depending on which species you get and you might be able to add 5 small tetras of some sort to act as dither fish depending on your filtration. Add sand, a nice piece bogwood and some amazon swords and you would have a nice little South American themed tank!

If you do find shelldwellers, the number you can keep together depends on what species you get. Some do better in pairs and others in trios - it also depends on how territorial they are. So take a look at what you can get and then report back on what interests you. :good: All you have to do decor wise is add sand and shells like escargot shells.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top