10 Gallon Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

channing

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi

i looking at fish for my ten gallon but i have one prob. im very nearsighted. and as the tank is at the wall across form my bed i dont wear my glasses looking at it. i need a lighter but brightly colored bigger fish then the female bettas i have now to really enjoy them. i was wondering if a tro of gouramis would work? the tank is maybe between 10 -15 ft from the bed. thanks a bunch

Not enough room for gouramis IMO, maybe only the really small species, but even then you'd be pushing it with one, def not a trio. Definitely no for bigger gouramis. If you want bigger fish, get a bigger tank.

I agree with southern cross, you need at least 15 gallons to house a trio of the smallest gouramis. You could take a single one though. And if not, what about a shoal of cardinals or neon tetras, or coloured rasboras. As they go around in groups, and are brightly coloured, you might not see the individual fish, but you will definitively see the shoal swimming together.

Another option might be a trio of danios, such as danio choprae or malabaricus. However, I am no danio expert, so maybe you'd better ask about danios in another subforum.

Most reactions

Back