10 Gallon Tank ?

Annaconda

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 10 gallon tank that is fully cycled, Has a betta * in a display * and a few platys.
I want to get about 5 african dwarf frogs, and I was wondering if I removed the platys.
If the betta and 5 frogs would be to much?

How long has your tank been set up running with fish?
How many is a few platys, and whats your nitrate reading the way it's running now? :)

5 ADF's and a betta is fine for a 10gal :good: .
You probably wont even need to remove the platys, but that depends on your nitrates right now and what filter you have.

Ive had the 10 gallon set up with a seeded filter for about 3-4 months or so, Plus another aquatech filter for a 20 gallon tank.
The nitrates are always around 20ish before the water change, I do weekly water changes so it never goes over 20.
and there is 3 platys *2 female, and a male, I was thinking the fry would be ate by the frogs..which would be a natural food sourse! and control the population.

the frogs will eat the few fry it can catch, but the fry will hide and frogs dont do much hunting.a betta and 5 frogs wont be overstocking.

You could add 2 or three frogs easily to your tank right now (your tank can easily take it), and if there's no problems after a few weeks, add another two :good: .

Most reactions

Back