10 gallon tank suggestions?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Zephyrski

Reaction score
Hi all, so my 10 gallon tank is currently sitting full of plants and a nerite snail after my previous Betta died. I kind of want to try something different, I know I'm pretty limited because of the size but what's some suggestions?
20230608_135250.jpg

That is very nice, and will be a wonderful home for suitable fish, and to suggest these we need to know the parameters of your source (tap) water. The GH and pH particularly. Nano fish which are well suited to this sized tank are fussier when it comes to the water due to their small size and increased metabolism.

That is very nice, and will be a wonderful home for suitable fish, and to suggest these we need to know the parameters of your source (tap) water. The GH and pH particularly. Nano fish which are well suited to this sized tank are fussier when it comes to the water due to their small size and increased metabolism.
Thank you, it's tap water and the pH stays around 6.0 - 6.6. I'm not sure how to check GH though. As for the ammonia nitrite and nitrate they're all 0 as of this morning.

Are you on mains water or well water?

For mains, look on your water provider's website. You need a number and the unit of measurement (there are several they could use). if they give a number for alkalinity, that's what fish keepers call KH.

If it's not on their website or you are on mains water, take a sample of tap water to a LFS and ask them to test GH and KH. Again, make sure they give you a number and the unit of measurement. One thing to watch for - if they use strips to test, some brands only read up to 180 ppm and if you have hard water it will still read as 180 ppm. So if they do use strips, ask what the highest reading on the strip is.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back