10 gal tank laying around....

Jen

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I aquired a 10 gal tank a while back that i was using as a quarentine tank for my fish, but got another on in the mean time. I was thinking of doing something different with this one now. A friend has some hermit crabs in a tank, and used to have some other kind of cute little crabs.

Not getting into to much detail (because I am sure all of you could go on for days), what are some of my posibilities for this tank? I would like something fairly easy to maintain - simple, but interesting. Frogs? Crabs? I'm looking for something inexpensive, and maybe soemthing that I can do some water and some sand. That make sence?

Thanks

adf's, they're really cute and exciting to watch as well. atleast they were for me, i loved watching them eat and race to the surface for air.

Pacman Frog? - not very friendly and they can't really be handled but they look funny, dont know if a 10 would be big enough either i've never seen 1 fully grown

Fire Bellied Toad? - pretty cool

i don't know if there's much you can do with a 10 gallon tank lizard wise

you could do a hermit crab but i heard they are hard to keep alive, there's a few people on this forum that have them so you could ask them

newts? - they're kinda neat

Definitely newts. Easy to find, and easy to keep. The one I have at least. Cynops Orientalis aka Chinese Fire Bellied Newt. You can keep 2-3 of them in a 10 gallon, just get some gravel instead of sand, and you're set. Google up more info on them...

Most reactions

Back