1-nil!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PaulEbs

Fish Addict
Reaction score
How sad am I, it's half time and I've come on here to check up on posts!

2 all.. good guess :good:

nevermind, were still not playing the germs

Don't worry about the Germans, they're nothing. It's the Argies we want to be worried about and we won't have to face them until the final now....I think :look:

Yep, Portugal, or more likely Holland in the 1/4, likely to be Brazil in the Semi and Argies in the Final :crazy: and they reckoned that was the easy route :blink:

Still to be the best, you have to beat the best :nod: and I'm not frightened about any of them :S

Arfie

Don't worry about the Germans, they're nothing. It's the Argies we want to be worried about and we won't have to face them until the final now....I think :look:
Thats what they said about them in the last world cup, can you tell me who was in the final there?
Germany and Brazil, so does that mean that they will both get there again :dunno: ?

But whilst we're using the analogies like that, can you tell me (and I'll give you clues ;) ) the result the last time England played Germany (it was a world cup qualifyer in Munich Sept 1 2001)? How about the time before that (Euro 2000)?

For that matter, how about the last time we played the new "favourites" for the world cup, Argentina (a friendly on 12th November 2005)? Or maybe the previous time (2002 World Cup)?

Don't statistics rock :good: :lol:

Never mind though, Winter Olympics will be back on before you know it and Scotland will have something to look forward to, with the curling :lol: Oh but of course they represent Great Britain don't they ;) :p

Arfie

Yep you sure did :(

Too bad you won't be around to face us after the holland game though :p

That may be true but, it's usually a bad idea to flaunt a victory before the game has been played! you just might embarrass yourself! :blush: Noone's guaranteeing that you brits will make it past Equador either!

I like Portugal's chances of going very far in this tournament, the Netherlands doesn't fear me, In-fact the only team that I believe we will have difficulties with is the Argentines in the final. Believe me, when the Selecão das Quinas are on, noone can hang with them.

Expect them to leave the conservative play of the first round behind, they are no longer going to try and conserve players and elude injury. It's as the national anthem states "the guns spread over the earth and the sea, they fight for the people, they will march against the enemy." Our national team are those guns on Sunday!

wow, I'm one of those ridiculous soccer freaks now aren't I :lol:

wow, I'm one of those ridiculous soccer freaks now aren't I :lol:
Well a football freak maybe ;) :lol: It happens :hyper:

I'm not taking Ecuador for granted :no: I just feel that England can't play that badly again and as we've seen when Ecuador faced Germany who like England are also not playing well :no:

England are supposedly playing Carrick in the holding role and allowing Steven Gerrard to get forward to support Rooney. At last a formation that most of the top players are used to at their clubs that allows most players to do what they do best :nod: Hopefully Fat Frank will hit form now, the man has had more shots than any other player in the world cup and there's no way he'll continue not scoring :no: Gerrard will be able to do what he does for Liverpool :nod: Beckham will have a talented player to knock the crosses in to. If we need him, Crouch has more impact on England games as a sub, just when players are getting tired they look up to see a 6'7" striker that they have to jump up to mark :X and IF we get in front and have a good lead, I'd put Walcott on, to see if he can do it, just in case we need him later in the tournament.

I just think (or is that hope?) that the big boys will start playing now it's getting serious. I want to see good football from the likes of Brazil, France, Italy, Argentina & England as the top teams in the world they should be showing everyone why they are classed as the best. I think Portugal, Spain, Ukraine and Australia will also show some decent football.

Arfie

Yep you sure did :(

Too bad you won't be around to face us after the holland game though :p

Noone's guaranteeing that you brits will make it past Ecuador either!

Um, I think you mean the English, there are 4 seperate countries that make up Britain :rolleyes:

Sorry, I knew that. It's usually how we refer to the English here in America (as British) but I recognise that it's just the english who we're dealing with not the Scotts, Irish, And Welsh. But now as both the predictions that Sf05 and myself made came false, we have a very exciting matchup between the Portuguese and the English. I have a feeling that it's gonna be a real battle but the Portuguese will be O.K. in the end. I'm calling it 2-1 for Portugal.

Bring on the Semifinals.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back