1 Gourami Dead...what About His Mate He Left Behind?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Benson112

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a bit of a dilemma... ill start by telling you what i have in my 60l tank:

2 x Dwarf gourami (both male)
2 x Honey / cherry (cant remember what they are called) gourami (both male)
1x white / pearl gourami (male)
2 x guppies
6 x neon tetra
1 x frog

My dilemma is that the 1 remaining white gourami seems like he is lonely. His mate kicked the bucket last night and since then he has been irritating the honeys because they are similar size. The dwarfs are much bigger than him so he stays away from them.

Should i get another white one? Will he know the difference between a new white one and the honey ones? I mean, how would he know that the new white one is a replacement for his dead friend?

Also, im trying to read up on the gouramis and cannot find anything in the species index. What category would they come under as i cant find them

Also, im trying to read up on the gouramis and cannot find anything in the species index. What category would they come under as i cant find them

most fish do like their own kind for company but will try and swim with other species if they are the only one present,
you are failrly well stocked though so do you know the current water parameters? it may have been bad water that caused the fish death?

Gouramis should be found under the name of anabantoids or labyrinth fish (think its labyrinth on here)

Dont know the stats yet mate...waiting for my test kit to arrive then i can post up the stats and see what i need to do. Thanks for your hel, found the information i needed

Most reactions

Back