Zebra Plecs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lilacamy931

Starting again
Reaction score
I am looking to getting a pair (hopefully a male and female) for my 160 litre community, only other bottom dwellers would be corydoras. Has anyone had experiences with these and have you any advice for me? If I do get a male and female, the ones I am looking at are 1-1.5" and wondering if they are easily sexed at this point?

I am looking to getting a pair (hopefully a male and female) for my 160 litre community, only other bottom dwellers would be corydoras. Has anyone had experiences with these and have you any advice for me? If I do get a male and female, the ones I am looking at are 1-1.5" and wondering if they are easily sexed at this point?

They wont be able to be sexed untill pretty much adult.

I breed them and you can sex them earlier but obviously the room for error is that much greater. Some German breeders have managed to get their zebras to spawn at 2 years old but that isn't the average.
I assume your aware of the price you'll be paying for them too? Are you also aware how difficult it is to get hold of females...although it is somehwat easier now that there are a few more breeders on the scene but the chances of you picking up the exact fish you want is still somewhat remote.

Wow! How did you find Zebra Plecs for an affordable price? Anyway, I don't know what age they can be sexed at, but the males have a dorsal fin starting with a spike.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back