Zebra Plec

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Leonwillow

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi - this is my first post. I have returned to keeping an aquarium after a 10 year gap. My favourite fish are plecs and I am deperate to get a zebra plec. When I last had a tank these were available for £30.

I am now having great difficulty buying one but have managed to find one for 100.00. Is this a reasonable price? The fish is a youngster about 1 and a half inch in length.

Your views would be appreciated.

Thanks

** sorry I realsie I have posted this in the wrong section- apologies*

they are on the redlist, and most people might say you should only keep them to breed them to bring the price down

but if you like it, buy it

100 sounds about right

:) good luck

juviniles can go for 80-120 depending on demand at the time.

I've just sold one of our mature adult males (4") for £160.

juviniles can go for 80-120 depending on demand at the time.

I've just sold one of our mature adult males (4") for £160.

speaking of demand, this guy used to sell the juvies for £80 a couple of months ago, now he sells if for £95.
who is saying it is not about the money. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Hi!Come to think of it, I too also want a breeding pair!But in Singapore, these go for about S$200-S$300!Looks like a lot of saving to do!

my new zebra baby
baby_zeb.jpg

Thats because you have a single specimin of a species that likes to be kept in groups, i dare say you also have it in a community enviroment which will be making the fish nervous and shy. There is a reason people say these fish should not be bought unless you have the intention to dedicate a tank to a group of them and i guess you are just finding out what that reason is.

Thats because you have a single specimin of a species that likes to be kept in groups, i dare say you also have it in a community enviroment which will be making the fish nervous and shy. There is a reason people say these fish should not be bought unless you have the intention to dedicate a tank to a group of them and i guess you are just finding out what that reason is.

oopsss...
the moral brigade :lol: :lol: :lol:

what made you think that i only have one of the zebras?
following me around :nod: :nod: :nod:

I have to say that i don't approve either... but what you do is upto you at the end of the day... and its only a matter of time before you have a group and in their own tank! Trust me the urge is too great!

I don't want to burst your bubble but it looks to be a stubby... try and get a better picture. It may just be the bag.

Most reactions

Back