Zebra Plec Look-alike

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Those L-134 in the picture are mine and I took the pic and I can assure you they are truly that yellow. The color balance was not off.
They are lovely indeed :wub: odd though the wide colour difference and variation for the same fish. I've seen them from very pale off white to a lovely yellow. But not as yellow as yours and smithrc says.
I'd definitely like some of these in a future setup.

That is a beatiful fish, :wub: but the ripples of the water are baffling me to how the pic is taken, is the fish in shallow water on a glass plate? :unsure:

from above a glass bowl full of water - with the tank lights at the side to light it...

top shots of plecs aid sexing them greatly ;)

someone offered me 2 zebras at a reasonable price so i might just stick with zebras.
thanks for the replies and it has been an interesting thread.
it gave me and hopefully most of the readers a good insight of the options around.
:good:

what sort of deal eg Age / Price / Sexes did you get offered?
the zebs are less than a year old so can't be sexed yet.
do you think they will survive the change of tank at such a young age?

they should be ok - as long as you try to match their current conditions ;)

I've seen them selling as young as 3months... the survival rate was ok... I wouldnt risk it though.

they should be ok - as long as you try to match their current conditions ;)

I've seen them selling as young as 3months... the survival rate was ok... I wouldnt risk it though.
thanks again smithrc.

I have a L199...
They get big though, like 18" was what I was told...
Here is really bad pic of when I brought the little guy home. If I can get them over here, I am sure you can get them over there. He was cheap at $50 CDN.
Gotten a little bigger now, but you get the idea ;)

Attachments

• 100_1168.jpg
    100_1168.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 61
I have a L199...
Here is really bad pic of when I brought the little guy home. If I can get them over here, I am sure you can get them over there. He was cheap at $50 CDN.
18"???
that is quite huge.
:sad:

I have a L199...

Dont panic... not sure where they got the info... It'll get to 5" MAX - moer likely 4" :)

I have a L199...

Dont panic... not sure where they got the info... It'll get to 5" MAX - moer likely 4" :)
ok...thanks..

Most reactions

Back