YoYo Loach is too big.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Max Klemm

Reaction score
So I have a problem with my 40 gallon community tank. It currently has 4 pristella tetras, 4 Candy cane tetras, 2 Yoyo Loaches and now 1 dwarf loach. My Yoyo loaches get along with each other but one has grown to five inches. He still fits in the tank but is a bit of a tyrant and I think both loaches would be happier with larger fish. Does anyone know where I can give them away? Thanks. Also I am planning to get more dwarf loaches after they are gone so donā€™t worry about him :).

So I have a problem with my 40 gallon community tank. It currently has 4 pristella tetras, 4 Candy cane tetras, 2 Yoyo Loaches and now 1 dwarf loach. My Yoyo loaches get along with each other but one has grown to five inches. He still fits in the tank but is a bit of a tyrant and I think both loaches would be happier with larger fish. Does anyone know where I can give them away? Thanks. Also I am planning to get more dwarf loaches after they are gone so donā€™t worry about him :).
Hi and welcome to the forum. Iā€™m sorry to hear your difficulties. I have little knowledge on this species as Iā€™ve never kept loaches, however most live fish stores accept new members providing their disease free.

You may want to call around and explain your situation, some stores will accept them but wonā€™t pay you. Dependent upon the species, some stores may offer to pay you for them or give you store credit in return.

Best of luck.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Yoyo loaches (Botia lohachata) can reach 12 inches but most only grow to 4-5 inches. the females are bigger and fatter than males.

All loaches should be kept in groups of 6 or more, and the dominant female rules the group.

If you ring a few pet shops, you can usually sell or trade the fish in for something else. Most shops give half retail price in credit, and you use the credit to buy other fish or plants.

Hey where are you located? I have about 8 yoyo about the same size and would love to add them?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back