You've got to be kidding me

Elisabeth83

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well I should of known the good couldn't of lasted for too long :(

I just turned the lights on in my betta tank and found my pretty red/pink boy in just shreds (WHAT THE? :crazy: :eek: ) I thought to myself gosh he just torn himself to bits (he sometimes chews his tail) but then I thought no it's just too bad. Then to my horror I see my white/blue boy near the bottom in the same condition as red/pink boy :sick: I quickly scooped blue/white boy back to his side.

I'm not sure what I can add to the inch gap on the top so it wont ever happen again. Any ideas??

I fed them bloodworms and both ate and I've added salt now. Both seem to be missing some scales as well..and by red/pink boys gills it seems maybe some of his flare bits might of gotten a bite out of them. What else can I do to assure they don't get fugus or fin rot? I'm not even sure they will pull through as both seem very weak. :-( :(

If you have an inch gap then it will happen again, and again, and again. You need to do something about the gap.

Linda

if they are eating and moveing around ok they should be ok, the finage will heal very quickly, my females get nipped up all the time by each other.

The salt will help, but I would use some Melafix, or another type of healing agent. Watch for fungus to develop, as sometimes new wounds fungus up quickly.

Hi again, yeah I went out today and bought some tea tree oil and made up my own Melafix using Inchworms recipe.

They are doing a lot better than before, back to being active as usual :) They are eating too :)

Hmm yeah I know the gap...I don't know what I can use so it wont happen again...the water is already an inch/inch and a half below the top of the divider. Any ideas??

Could you maybe get some more of the divider I'm guessing plastic with holes? or that craft stuff for cross stitch that people mention. Cut it to fit the gap plus a bit extra and then say use fishing line to stitch it to the original piece? or just replace the whole thing only make it bigger this time?

Just thinking out loud, don't know if it would work or if you get what I mean :blink:

I'll second Joby's idea, get some plastic craft canvas and make your own. In the meantime lower the water level pretty low so they can't make the jump again :thumbs:

Yeah I'd love to be able to use the craft canvas...but unfortuntely I can't it here in Sweden :/ I went to the craft store a few weeks back and tried to explain to them what I was talking about and all the lady showed me was the fabric stuff for cross stitching :S She had no idea what I was talking about...said she never saw the stuff before.

There was a bit of plastic on the top of the divider that I raised up a bit..and I will go and lower the water at least until I can figure something else out.

if she had never heard of it maybe it goes by a different name there... try to find a picture and show them... or if you cant find it there maybe someone here would be willin to get it for yea and ship it over... not me im broke :p i would if i had money :p

Most reactions

Back