You Know You're A Fish-Keeper When...

snazy said:
You get annoyed at your rather large sailfin pleco for rearranging your tank everytime he moves..
But then you remember he is your favourite fish so you forgive him ;-)
Took me ages to get it just the way I want it too lol

I get a bit worried about him being too large for my Cories now, when he gets a scare and swims away frantically he knocks them about a bit :(
Sooner I get my bigger tank the better! He is a softy really :D Can't help being an oaf, he was an orphan that a customer brought into work threatening to flush him! And he was too big for our tanks at work so I've taken him on.

They are lovely aren't they? :)

I love my common pleco. Mine sometimes swims too fast when spooked which isn't often but I haven't had an issue with him being with corys for over a year and a half. Just see what scares him and try to improve the situation. It could be lack of hiding space. They like a cave of their own too and mine is squeezing himself with the clown loaches.

He does have his own bogwood tunnel he lives in. It's when he comes out to feed and I walk by the tank. Unavoidable really.

He should get used of you overtime. Mine was very shy early on in his life but isn't anymore.

You know you're a fish keeper when...you sit up til this time in the morning (stupid o clock), on this fish forum, anxiously waiting for replies after helping people!
I really should go to sleep now 
blink.png

snazy said:
He should get used of you overtime. Mine was very shy early on in his life but isn't anymore.
I've had him 6 months lol.

Sophie said:

I've had him 6 months lol.

Mine took about a year to get friendlier.

You know your a fish keeper when, even though you don't have a spare ATM, you use your toothbrush to clean aquarium decorations.

On a side note, I might need professional help!

stanleo said:
You know your a fish keeper when, even though you don't have a spare ATM, you use your toothbrush to clean aquarium decorations.

On a side note, I might need professional help!

rofl.gif

TallTree01 said:
I got one to add,
you try out fish food to see whether it is tasty or not.
I'm actually addicted I think. The frozen bloodworms were my least favorite and shrimp pellets were the best by far!
drool.gif

no.

Colonel Dibble said:
I got one to add,
you try out fish food to see whether it is tasty or not.
I'm actually addicted I think. The frozen bloodworms were my least favorite and shrimp pellets were the best by far!
drool.gif

no.
Haha - no, just no.

Bloodworm smells awful - can imagine it tastes worse!

When you've accdidentally swallowed some tank water when starting a syphon and thought, "That's not half bad.."

You know you're a fishkeeper when you have a 5 foot reef next to your bed, a 4 foot discus tank next to your desk, a shrimp tank ON your desk, a 2 foot tank you've got a thousand plans for, 4 empty tanks in the loft and are subtly pushing for an office aquarium at work.

You know your a monster fish keeper when your cat is more likely to be eaten by your fish rather than the other way around

wrightt3 said:
You know your a monster fish keeper when your cat is more likely to be eaten by your fish rather than the other way around
I don't know any kept fish that could eat a cat... Care to elaborate? :p Maybe a giant catfish...
My tandanus eat birds some times but I don't reckon a cat would be chowed on. :)
You know your a fish keeper if you try to minimize the use of artificial cooling in your home so the fishes temperature doesn't go wacky.

TallTree01 said:

I don't know any kept fish that could eat a cat... Care to elaborate?
tongue2.gif
Maybe a giant catfish...
My tandanus eat birds some times but I don't reckon a cat would be chowed on.
smile.png

You know your a fish keeper if you try to minimize the use of artificial cooling in your home so the fishes temperature doesn't go wacky.

It was meant in a jokey way really.
Still, a lot of fish out there in the hobby are bigger than your average cat so there's a small possibility if you put one in the tank that it may become a snack
laugh.png

Most reactions

Back