You Know You're A Fish-Keeper When...

You know  your a fishkeeper when you go mad the moment you see a tank with the wrong type of stocking. 

E.g. African cichlids with angelfish and a betta

Great list Sophie, I  am looking forward to following your blog!

"your other half's sole purpose in the car home from the LFS is to protect the fish with his/her life and make their journey home as stress free as possible." this one is my favorite, it happened yesterday!

I did it! I have got to the point where the sales help calls in blockers to keep me from talking other customers out of purchases.
It only took three visits.
A new Petsmart opened up just down the road.(Chain all purpose petstore, for those not in the U.S.) So I have to inspect the place. First visit, lots of help, but just getting dry goods.
Second visit, after inspecting stock again, got four juvi Angels. Argued with the "fish" manager that the test strips were not accurate. And that, yes you have a 14 day guarantee, most of my fish die of old age. And no having a Betta for a year is not special, nor is housing him in a 10 gal. tank.
Third visit, no a common Plec will not be fine in a 30gal. No, you really don't want Pictus Cats.
At that point they called for help to get me away from other customers.

DerpPH said:
you know youre a fishkeeper when you have to pronounce the fish's name right to people who cant even say their names right

Haha - my pet hate is the Cichlid one!
I actually have a colleague at work, who even after 5 years of working for the company, thought it was pronounced "chick-lid".
/facepalm
Customers saying it always make me chuckle.
"Yeah yeah I've been keeping chick-lids for years!"..

Immediately makes me think they're inexperienced! ;)

frapadoodle said:
You know you are a fishkeeper when:
After a bad week, rather than go clubbing, get drunk, et cetera. You buy more fish.

So that would be every week then? Think I need another tank!

Most reactions

Back