Yippe!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Congradulations. :good: Glad you found your camera. Can't wait to see them grown.lol
Silly dog...this topic is for fish.lol
cute dog. :blush:

i cant wait to see how they look like when they get big. this is so cool :drool:

Well, I just went away for the weekend and they've grown a little bit, although not as much as I want :p but they're looking really awsome :D I'm about to go get some shots of them with my dad's camera that's alot better than mine. I'll post the new pics in a bit :)

Alright, just took the photos :)

Mommy
DSC_4248.jpg

Daddy (a great shot in my opinion)
DSC_4253.jpg

Babbies :D

DSC_4254.jpg

DSC_4249.jpg

DSC_4252.jpg

DSC_4254.jpg

they look just like the dad. i was expecting an even mix. but it seems the male's genes is dominant and probably homozygous over the female.

You must remember that they are still young, it's not clearly shown in the pictures, however they have a fair bit of bit in them at the moment, it may go away over time, however as shown in this thread before by somebody, they look just like convict cichlids, except chunkier.

Umm thats a pink convict and a striped convict. I thought a parrot was involved?

thats a jelly bean parrot not a blood parrot
female blood parrot + male pink convict = jelly bean parrot
i have about 6 of them
they max out around 1.5-2inch

but they baby dose have some of the jelly bean parrot in them u can tell by the big belly

thats a jelly bean parrot not a blood parrot
female blood parrot + male pink convict = jelly bean parrot
i have about 6 of them
they max out around 1.5-2inch

but they baby dose have some of the jelly bean parrot in them u can tell by the big belly

Jellybean parrots are actually just short body pink convicts. And breeding a convict with a blood parrot does not produce jellybean parrots as I have done this. The resuting fish look like mutated convicts and are not pink.

I had a jellybean male constantly produce fry with a regular con, none of the fry were short bodied. You need to have both the parents short bodied to produce short body fry.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back