Yippe!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PRW1988

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hehe! Finally, my blood parrot fish (female) and my black convict cichlid (male) have begun the courtship ^_^ My females begun to dig a breeding pit and my male is showing off non-stop at her :D hopfully it won't be long now until I get Convict parrots :) I'll post pics ASAP once they breed and the eggs hatch :)

Ive never seen what a convict parrot will look like.... are there pics about ?

EDIT: Ok I do now, the wonders of google... They look sweet

Both have been proven breeders, so the eggs should hatch... When they do (mabye not this spawn, but could be the second) I'll post pics... I'm not even expecting half the eggs to hatch because they're breeding in my 55 gallon tank, although they're both very protective of their spawn pit and they both chace off even my Senegal Bichir lol...

Both have been proven breeders, so the eggs should hatch... When they do (mabye not this spawn, but could be the second) I'll post pics... I'm not even expecting half the eggs to hatch because they're breeding in my 55 gallon tank, although they're both very protective of their spawn pit and they both chace off even my Senegal Bichir lol...
I hope they hatch but I am a bit of a skeptic with these sort of things until they do and it can be proven. Make sure to take pics and document everything. Good luck.

Drew

I have bred these, the result is not really anything to write home about. Theres quite a variation but for the most part they look like really chunky convicts with some reddish markings and blue speckles.

I have bred these, the result is not really anything to write home about. Theres quite a variation but for the most part they look like really chunky convicts with some reddish markings and blue speckles.
That sounds really interesting, Congrats. Do you have any pics by chance? I want to see what they look like.

Drew

That sounds really interesting, Congrats. Do you have any pics by chance? I want to see what they look like.

Drew

Here ya go :)

Father was a short body pink convict and mother a regular BP.

I called this guy "Beast" he was already bigger than your average con when I gave him away(7").
newpic2.jpg

With a big BP(not his mother though).
newpic1.jpg

One of his siblings(the most colourful one).
gallp.jpg

wow very nice :good: You make it seem so easy. I had no idea that cross was possible. Plan on doing it anymore or have you moved to to bigger and better things? :hey:

Drew

wow very nice :good: You make it seem so easy. I had no idea that cross was possible. Plan on doing it anymore or have you moved to to bigger and better things? :hey:

Drew

You know it was kind of an accident, the parrot pair would breed all the time and my short body con just hung about them trying to woo the female. One day when they bred the little guy just nipped in and did his stuff :lol: I ended up putting in a divider so he could raise his kids as he kept fighting with the parrots.

But yeah I am doing other hybrid projects these days.

sweet lookers :good: Does anybody know how long it'll take my eggs to hatch? I noticed them 2 days ago.

my BP just had eggs the other day. honestly, i'm not even sure when she had them but it was her first time. I have been busy and i just noticed them one night sitting on a rock. She had them for about 3 days and then one day i walk in the room and they are all gone. They must have died and she ate them. I had one other BP in there but i have no idea if that one is a boy or girl. Even if it is a boy she wouldn't let it anywhere near her eggs.. it was stuck in a corner the whole time she had them.

my BP just had eggs the other day. honestly, i'm not even sure when she had them but it was her first time. I have been busy and i just noticed them one night sitting on a rock. She had them for about 3 days and then one day i walk in the room and they are all gone. They must have died and she ate them. I had one other BP in there but i have no idea if that one is a boy or girl. Even if it is a boy she wouldn't let it anywhere near her eggs.. it was stuck in a corner the whole time she had them.
I believe 99 percent of BP males are sterile which is why they are rarely ever breed in aquaria. They will spawn though, the eggs will just be infertile.

Drew

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back