Wow I Have Cory Babies!

Hi Harlequins :)

I just wanted to let you know that for a first try, you are doing great. Cory fry are not the easiest fish to raise. :thumbs:

Now that you have sand in the tank, as soon as you switch to a solid food it will become easier to clean the tank. If you gently stir the bottom a bit before starting the water change, the uneaten bits will float up and become suspended in the water. Then you can just scoop them out with a cup or other container along with the water. Never overfeed them. Several small feedings a day is always better than one or two big ones.

I've recently started feeding mine the First Bites and am quite pleased with he results.

Thanks inchworm :)

I'm just pleased they hatched and got this far :good:

One is very active wriggling around,the other is quite still but does move when i put a weeny bit of food in :)

Well there's alot of courtship going on with the adult cories at the moment whether i'll see more eggs will have to wait and see :rolleyes: :lol:

I have just rescued 7 eggs,there was probably more but i went out, just got back and checked tank and found 7 stuck to the moss balls :good:

I managed to get them off but they have bits of moss stuck to them,will this harm the eggs?

They look fertile,so hopefully more fry :good:

Inchworm- how old did you start feeding yours first bite? i can't get it here unless i go online,but i do have a selection of baby fry powder food there's tetramin baby and liquidfry 3 will either of these be ok?

I have just rescued 7 eggs,there was probably more but i went out, just got back and checked tank and found 7 stuck to the moss balls :good:

I managed to get them off but they have bits of moss stuck to them,will this harm the eggs?

They look fertile,so hopefully more fry :good:

Inchworm- how old did you start feeding yours first bite? i can't get it here unless i go online,but i do have a selection of baby fry powder food there's tetramin baby and liquidfry 3 will either of these be ok?

Congratulations Harequins, hope that you manage to to get some more fry

Tracey, thats brilliant :good: I hope they all hatch for you.

I keep hoping that I will find eggs, but nothing so far

Hi Harlequins :)

I just started using that product recently. The fry I'm noticing such good results with were already several weeks old. However, I added some newly hatched C. pandas to that tank this week and they seem to be eating it already. At least, they get very excited and seem to be eating it along with the others. I'd suggest going ahead and trying whatever kind of powdered fry food you have available. The more they eat, the faster they will grow. (But water changes are still important to their growth rate too.)

I'd just leave them. The less you touch these delicate eggs, the better. Some corys prefer to deposit their eggs on plants instead of the glass, and that's fine.

I keep hoping that I will find eggs, but nothing so far

Have patience, karigupi. If your corys are mature, the cooler temperatures of fall might help. I expect to see more members posting about their corys spawning before long. :D

Thanks karigupi :)

Thanks inchworm,i will try a little liquidfry 3 powder food on the 2 fry and see what happens,i have the eggs over an airstone like last time so i will leave them has they are :good:
The fry must be eating has they've grown from when they hatch 5 days ago. still tiny but i can see them easier now :)

I am doing 50% waterchange daily and removing bits of food :)

Little fry are still doing well :)

I checked the eggs,looks like theres one white one in with fertile ones,should i remove it or will it be ok until and if they hatch?

Most reactions

Back