World Of Warcraft

If it was on the playstation i'd give it a bash.

Dark Souls rules

I used to play this about 6-7 years ago but I found it was taking over my life, playing until all hours of the night, etc. Plus I got a bit bored of it to be honest. Slash, kill, slash, level up. repeat...

haha i used to play a lot myself.. until my computer crashed but i should be getting a new one soon. hopefully the alienware M14x 
good.gif

80 hunter
60 something warrior
my moms side of the family also plays quite a bit.. my grandma now has quite a few lvl 90's (right? that was what they raised it to with MoP right?) she built her own $5000 computer
drool.gif
  so she plays on a nice 20+ inch monitor at full resolution.. its pretty cool. and yes that is my grandma. 
blink.png

Yeah, level 90 now :) Cool grandma! I'm a granny too, but I only have one level 90, and my only grandchild is only six, so she's not very impressed!

There's loads of new stuff to do now, apart from kill stuff; I don't like the killing too much :)

Man I quit WoW soon as WOTLK came out. Went downhill from there and is just purely rubbish now. Waiting for them to go free to play anytime now.

techen said:
Man I quit WoW soon as WOTLK came out. Went downhill from there and is just purely rubbish now. Waiting for them to go free to play anytime now.
Whoa techen.. I thought WOTLK was the best expansion to date.. I have yet to play MoP but I'm thinking about starting up WoW again and trying it out. My friend said that he didn't like MoP as much as WOTLK. What did you think was so bad about that expansion?

WOTLK = Excellent.
Cata = Rubbish until the last raid which was AMAZING.
MoP = Not so good.

I also thought Cata was pretty good. I enjoyed that one quite a bit, but I disliked some of their changes that they made

I personally enjoyed wotlk, cata, & am enjoying mop, if you start up again sputnick feel free to message me here and I'll give you my real ID ^_^ Actually anyone who stills plays on here I'd love to have on my realid, I bug one of my guildies all the time about his fish :p
I enjoyed bc too but I only started the summer before wotlk came out so did not get to max level or anything then.

WOTLK was good for me and the only expansion where I really raided.  Then they decided that if everybody was having fun raiding then there must be something wrong so they decided to make raiding harder and casuals like me couldn't keep up anymore.  I quit halfway through Cata, won't be going back.

haha Alright I will do Ninjo! WOTLK was the first expansion where I finally caught up to all the new changes and reached max level. I also started to Raid and I enjoyed it a lot although my social life also started to expand as that was right around freshman year so it was difficult to find the time to go on a raid. I enjoyed them a lot but so far my favorite was the weekly family dungeon. We would get my grandma, my mom, one of my several cousins, and my aunt, and run through a dungeon or two as a family. 
yes.gif
 This one time my aunt (who was a druid and she always tanked) got sick of my Grandma Mage Tanking so my grandma tanked an entire dungeon pretty much with her Mage 
rofl.gif
 while my aunt switch to healing so we had two healers. On my second character my friend and I were two manning dungeons our level. I had a geared warrior and he had a geared priest, both were around lvl 60. You can say we kicked some butt.. 
flex.gif

Wotlk was also where I reached max level, I did one raid (got carried by now ex bf's guildmates) after that I tried pugging and got kicked for no reason and yelled at. I cried! So no raiding again until LFR came out in cata..although not sure when so dunno if you got to experience that Daize, it makes it possible to raid for casuals. You just have to queue and meet the ilvl requirement. I wanted to let you know that, even if you don't plan on playing again.
Sput that sounds like amazing fun, I wish I could play with my family! :lol: Definitely sounds like you kicked butt. I mainly played with my ex and his buddy, two rogues that would destroy anything. They're quite good, wish I was that good :/ oh well haha!

Nah I hated pugs.  I used to raid with a guild that was halfway between casual and hardcore, they were serious about raiding but also understood that some people had family commitments and couldn't play every night.  They were ideal for me.  They were also a pvp guild and I spent most of my time in pvp towards the end.  I really enjoyed pvp but also I felt it was the only challenging content for a solo/duo player.  The rest of the game was just boring grind.

You can still find guilds like that, just have to do a lot of searching. I have zero interest in raiding, after 3 wipes I'm done and most guilds will go on for hours so..just..no. Haha. I don't do LFR cause it's too easy and puts me to sleep.
I am awful at pvp. They've introduced scenarios in this expansion, requires 3 people, no waiting on a tank or healer! They have just recently added heroic scenarios and I enjoy doing those 'cause if you don't pay attention you will get squished. They are fast, fun, and challenging (at least to me, depends on who you are grouped with as well). They've added pet battles which is somewhat like Pokemon, and I enjoy that but definitely don't spend lots of time doing it..I know others that is all they do. For the most part there is something for everybody but you're right it's a grind for a lot of things/big time investment. *Shrug* Not everyones cup of tea, I understand. Glad you got to enjoy it when you did! :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back