World Cup Predictions

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

All I can say is that the referee was a total disgrace

Disagree - the players were a disgrace, totally out of control and feuding all over the pitch.

What was the referee thinking when he threw Deco out. From what I saw the Netherland player threw him to the ground, if he was wasting time it was because he had to pick himself off the ground.

Deco deserved to walk for his earlier challenge, could easily have been a straight red. His second yellow was for holding on to the ball and stopping a quick free kick being taken. No case for an appeal I'm afraid.

I think that the England game will be a much easier victory than today's against the orange machine.

We'll see! Can't say I'm confident :no: but clinging onto the hope that surely we'll come good sometime!!

The Portuguese are all fired up and won't be giving anything for free come saturday!

Being a bit LESS fired up than last night would be a better idea IMHO!

Actually if Portugal can keep their heads better than they did against the Dutch, I think they're in with a real chance of going all the way. If they do beat us on Saturday, I'd like to see them win the tournament.

But they won't. Will they? :unsure:

You're right, the players were feuding all over the pitch. They were out of controll, and they do deserve to be punished for that. My argument is that they were allowed to get that way when the referee lost controll of the game. if he'd done a better job of being balanced and making correct calls, the game probably wouldn't have gon to the bloodbath it was.

Anyway, it's over now and there's not much value in belaboring the result any further. No disrespect to England but Portugal's not as bad off as everyone will make them out to be. Should be a great match on saturday, can't wait to see it!

I do hope we can go all the way. It would be a great thing for Portugal. And it would be a great achievement for their manager to have coached two nations to the win!

SLC

Agree with all of that (except hoping you go all the way!) I think it will be very tight on Saturday, and I fear for us; both teams are missing key players but Portugal have shown much more flair so far. I'm just hoping our time has come!

Apparently Deco's appeal to have one of his yellows revoked has failed, so he is out. Shame really, I'd rather face and beat Portugals best players ;)

The ref was to blame for the match, a decent ref would have stamped out the trouble early doors without resorting to getting RSI from showing cards. I doubt Collina would have needed to show more than 3 or 4. Yes the players did the fouls, but the ref is in charge and he let it decline into a farce.

The dutch didn't help with bad sportsmanship though. When a drop ball is offered following the ref stopping for an injury, usually one team will pass it right back to the opposition keeper, on two occasions the dutch just pushed forward on an uncontested ball one of whioch was when Deco lunged in with that tackle. The ref should have blown and given a Portugal freekick for unsprtsmanlike behaviour as soon as Holland went forward.

Roll on Saturday :D

The game last night was AWEFUL, I thought it was a replay of England :lol: and Australia were unlucky too, but they've done well :good:

Arfie

Here's to a well played and incident free Portugal vs. England match. And may the best group win.

I'm actually looking forward to this game, got knots in my stomach ever since the Portugal win on sunday.

Good Luck.

SLC

Currently the Quarter Final stands are:

Germany Vs Argentina - Germany will win, Argentinas done alright so far but Germany look unstoppable. (There gonna win this thing B) - Go Germany :D )
Italy Vs Ukraine - Italy will win, wondering if Ukraine might pull something out of the hat for this one.
England Vs Portugal - Very close...hmmz...maybe england although they don't seem to be scoring much so far. Portugal was doing alright but since Deco's gone, that's why I say England.
Brazil Vs France - France exploded with the Spain game, but did bad in the earlier group stages, so it's hard to say, I'm gonna say Brazil with this one.

(Semi-Final Predictions Coming Up Soon) :fun:

Well I didn't do too bad, I got 6 of the 8 quarter finalists only Holland and Spain let me down, then again Spain do it every tournament and I never learn :S

No reason to change my original results

Germany vs Argentina
Italy vs Ukraine
England vs Portugal
Brazil vs France

Though to be fair all 4 matches could go either way, we usually get a surprise each competition so maybe Ukraine will be the one this time, possibly Portugal, though after 4 matches each it wouldn't be a big shock :blink:

It should start getting better now :huh: Pretty much down to the Big Boys of world football now and underperformance should result in going out, so lets have 8 great matches from now to the final :yahoo: . Mind you, I'd take another dreadful England performance or 3 so long as we win :D

Arfie

argentina, ukraine, portugal, brazil will win. ITALY doesnt deserve to be in. australia should be playing :-(

argentina, ukraine, portugal, brazil will win. ITALY doesnt deserve to be in. australia should be playing :-(
Wrong.

Rules are rules are rules! Its not Italy's fault that Lucas Neill is a donkey that went to ground too quickly and up ended the Italy striker.

I'm quite sure that if an Italian defender had up ended Viduka/Cahill/Kewell, or whoever, that you wouldn't be preaching that Australia didn't deserve to going through.....

and I note you're not saying much out Kewell's offside goal that actually got you through to the last 16.... ;)

Wrong.

Rules are rules are rules! Its not Italy's fault that Lucas Neill is a donkey that went to ground too quickly and up ended the Italy striker.

I'm quite sure that if an Italian defender had up ended Viduka/Cahill/Kewell, or whoever, that you wouldn't be preaching that Australia didn't deserve to going through.....

and I note you're not saying much out Kewell's offside goal that actually got you through to the last 16.... ;)

australia sooo deserved it cause bloody referee missed out two penalties. 1. mark viduka was held by shirt and pulled to the ground by some croatian player. 2. croatian player used his hand to hit the ball out in penalty box. that referee got banned by fifa after that game cause so much contriversy

that referee got banned by fifa after that game cause so much contriversy
No he didn't get banned. :p

FIFA will announce the referees who will remain at the tournament later today :nod: and he is expected to be dropped, but he has not been banned at all :rolleyes: .

The referees from contries who's teams have qualified for the quarter finals are usually excluded at this stage anyway and as Graham Poll is English, he's likely to be coming home regardless.

Arfie

yeah i agree with everyone saying aus shoulda' made it through - quite a bad defeat ><

P.S - everyone, stop disagreeing with germany vs argies with argies winnin - germany will win!!!! :D

Most reactions

Back